Chapter 19. Like them all

Book number 3, done. Question paper number 10, done. I was doing great. Let's play some games now. I took out my phone and began playing Plants VS Zombies.

For three days, I have been studying non-stop because as Mayank promised, he was watching my every move.

He wouldn't let me slack off for even a second. Today, he had to go out to book our rooms. The devil was not here, so I can give myself a rest. We will leave tomorrow evening for our competition.

Yay! Level 20 cleared. If I continued like this, I would become a champion at this game. I played some more and got tired.

"Good morning," Shreyas greeted me.

"Good morning," I greeted back.

"Hi, Sandhya. How's the preparation going?" Parth asked.

"Good."

"You have been holed up in the library since the first lecture. I brought you some snacks," he said.

"Thanks a lot. I was getting bored now."

"You have to read these many books?" Parth asked and picked up a book. He skimmed through some pages and put it away within a few minutes.

"I just want to get over with this competition. Mayank is making my life hell."

"Don't worry. In two days, you can breathe in peace," Shreyas assured and I sighed.

Since Shreyas was not acting awkward around me, it was easier to put letters inside his bag. I would just put them in his books he had when he wasn't paying attention.

He was doing well with that music program and had reached quarter finals.

Should I ask him about it? No. Don't. He won't like it since his close friends also didn't know. Okay. I will ask him when he wins the show.

"Hi, guys!" Ved came and bro hugged Shreyas and Parth.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I go to this college too and I am here for my friends. Got any problem with that?"

"Whatever."

He sat beside Parth and they began talking about sports and girls. Shreyas was busy with his phone. By now, everyone got to know that Ved and I were not on good terms. I tried to ignore him but he made it hard to do so.

Yesterday, he told Tanya about an embarrassing incident from my past and I had to control myself from killing him right there. He continued telling my friends how I used to make a fool out of myself.

Well, they were my friends so they didn't judge. Everyone acts stupid atleast once when they are kids. What's so great about it?

The bell rang and I put my books in my bag. I got up and Ved pulled my hair. This idiot. I kicked him on the calf. Parth and Shreyas continued walking in front, obviously trying to avoid us.

I moved ahead to walk beside them but Ved grabbed my backpack and pulled me back.

"What's your problem?" I asked.

"You," he replied and flicked me on the forehead.

"You know I am not killing you just because of your family and friends, right?" I tried to threaten him.

"Care about yourself."

"Jerk."

"Dumbass."

"Idiot."

"That's you."

"Crybaby."

"Party pooper."

We continued calling each other names till we reached our classroom. Shreyas left for his lecture and we took our seats. Nikhil came and I stared talking to him. After sometime, Mehta sir arrived and told us to go back to our seats.