Chapter 14. She is just a girl

Present - Two weeks later

"Move aside." Ved pushed my shoulder and moved past me. Aysuh looked at me and whispered something in Ved's ear. Ved chuckled and dribbled his basketball.

"Afraid to say it to my face?" I taunted and Ayush rolled his eyes. Jerks.

"Tanya!" I called her and she stopped in her tracks. She waved her hand at me and hugged when she reached me.

"Good morning," she said and instantly blushed when she noticed Ved. He smiled at her.

"Hi Tanya. Thanks for the notes," he said and she blushed more. They were in same class? I nudged her and told her we should go to our extra class.

"Be careful with whom you are friends with," he said to her and she looked at him confusedly. I narrowed my eyes at him. He smirked and left with Ayush following him.

"Come on Tanya. Let's go." I grabbed her hand and we left for our class. Surbhi was already waiting for us. We chatted and soon the topic of Ved came up. Argh. Surbhi looked at me and I shrugged.

"You like him, right Tanya?" Surbhi asked.

Tanya nodded her head and I shook my head. Surbhi glared at me and I put up a smile on my face.

"Guys, what should I do? I mean, a lot of girls also like him. Divya and Rashi have been bugging me to confess to him. What if he already has a girlfriend?" she said and panicked. Surbhi told her to stop worrying about that and take her time.

"What do you think Sandhya? Should I confess to him?" she asked me. I scratched my head.

How should I respond to this? Should I tell her to forget about it and find a better guy or should I tell her to go for it?

For her and others girls who liked Ved, he was the better guy.

I needed to come up with his shortcomings to change her mind about him. Should I have done that? What would I have achieved after it? I shook my head to myself and smiled at her.

"You like him?" I asked. She nodded her head like a small kid.

"You love him?" She opened her mouth to answer but stopped. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at her hands.

"What's the difference?" she asked and I sighed. Surbhi looked at me like I was about to say something stupid. She grabbed my arm and whispered in my ear.

"What are you doing? You are confusing her. Keep your differences with Ved out of this. Don't influence her decision with your stupidity," she warned me. I pursed my lips and told her I wouldn't say anything bad.

"Ignore what I said. Do what you feel is right. I don't have any experience in that matter as it is. You can ask Surbhi all about it. She got lots of knowledge in that department," I told Tanya and wiggled my eyebrows at Surbhi.

Tanya laughed and I sighed in relief. I thought I spoiled her mood. Surbhi tried to stop me when I began telling her our embarrassing moments to lighten the mood.

"Sandhya Rai?" A girl came in the room and asked for me. I raised my hand and she told me I had been called in Dean's office. We looked at her quizzically and she told me to go there ASAP. I didn't remember doing something wrong. I got up and left.

"May I come in sir?" I asked and knocked on the door.

"Yes." I heard Dean and entered. He motioned for me to take a seat and I noticed few other students were also there. They looked happy. Why?

"Congratulations! You made it." Mayank hugged me. His father scolded him and he let go. Other students laughed and I just stood there in confusion. What was this all about?