Chapter 85. Thank You

(🚨 Long chapter ahead 🚨)

°∆~×~∆°

"Thanks a lot, beta. If Zoya wasn't in her classes I wouldn't have called you, but I couldn't think of anyone else to call for help."

"It's okay, Aunty. You don't have to thank me every time." I smiled.

Faiyaz's mother patted my head, and I left her house. I was going to meet Sahil today, but on my way I received a call from Aunty. So, I paid her a quick visit and took an update on their current situation. Everything was fine and Zoya's exam preparations were going well too.

Faiyaz was also doing well in the new place, but as he was given a huge responsibility by his boss, his workload had increased too. I regularly talked to him on phone and it was really nice to see him happy and content after a long time.

I wish his family stays happy like that forever.

Half an hour later, I was in a public garden with Sahil, who was smiling at me while I was licking my vanilla ice-cream.

"That's the third ice-cream cone you are eating. Is vanilla your favourite flavour?" he asked.

"Nope." I shook my head.

"Then?"

"My favourite is butterscotch, but they didn't have it, so I bought vanilla instead," I replied. "Do you know who else likes butterscotch?"

"Who?" He quirked his eyebrow.

"Princess- I mean Ved also likes it a lot. Once upon a time, when we were in third grade, I learned that he and I liked the same flavour and ended up fighting outside the school over it."

"Hmm..." Sahil nodded curtly. "How about we go to a mall? I need some new clothes."

"Sure."

Sahil randomly entered a shop and began picking up clothes of various colours. He asked me to hold some of his shirts and took some jeans from men's corner. I eyed the pieces of clothing in my hands and followed my friend.

"Are you sure you want all these colours? Some of them are too bright for the eye," I suggested.

Sahil turned around and tilted his head. "You think those won't look good on me?"

"No, that's not what I am saying. It is like... Um... You know you are so white, I think you should wear more dark clothes which contrast well with your skin tone. For example, let's take Ved; he mostly wears shades of red, green, blue and majorly black," I said. "But... He wears other colours like pink too. How can he look good in all hues? Wait a minute... Is there anything he can't pull off?"

"Are you here with me or with Ved?" Sahil complained.

"Huh? Of course I am with you - I was just giving an example. You know what? I am not that good with colour chart; you choose your own clothes." I gave him his shirts and told him to continue.

He stared at me for some time and let out a huge breath. He glanced at my wrist and narrowed his eyes.

"Where is the bracelet I gave you?" he queried.

"At home. I can't wear it every day; I am afraid it will get stolen," I answered.

"But Sandhya-"

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I took out my phone from my bag and checked the caller ID: Natural Heater. I quickly picked up the call but instead of Ved, I heard a kid's voice.

"Sandhya Didi!"