Chapter 102. Take care

(🚨 Really long chapter ahead 🚨)

°∆~×~∆°

"Hey, Sandhya. How are you now?" my volleyball team captain, Payal, asked.

"Feeling better. How are you guys?" I smiled at my teammates.

"We are rocking, but we were really worried about you. We got the news too late, so we couldn't visit you in the hospital. We are really sorry," one of my teammates said.

"It is okay, guys. I know how much you care for me." I hugged all of them.

"Let's go, girls. Dean Sharma is waiting for us," Usha Mam informed and patted my back when I greeted her.

"Nice to see you back, Kid. I am really proud of you," she said.

I thanked her and followed her to the Dean's office where rest of the sports teams were gathered. My team took its space beside the Girls badminton team and waited for the Dean to announce the news - he was discussing something with the sports HOD.

Meanwhile, I roamed my eyes around and smiled at Parth who was gossiping with his teammates and pointing in my direction. Then I moved my gaze to his right and grinned when I saw Ved already looking at me with a bright smile.

"Don't move too much," he mouthed.

I gave him an okay sign and elbowed Payal in the stomach when she kept teasing me about Ved and purposely telling rest of the team to join in; they didn't need to be told because they were already doing that.

The room went silent when Dean Sharma got up from his chair and stood in front of his desk to address us.

"Good morning, everyone. I am glad to see all of you here. Since you know that we have already gotten over this year's Inter College Sports Tournament, we have other three major competitions still left. But before that, I have a very good news to share with you," he said.

When others nodded, he continued, "First of all, some of our teams are getting a chance to apply for the nationals, and the few who have shown excellent performance through last three years are already nominated for the task. But apart from that, a few of the players are specially recommended by their coaches to do the national trials too.

"You already know the ones who are going, so I will list down the ones who will join their comrades. The names of the players are Uttam Gargi, Ekta Goel, Rhea Thakur, Kiran Reddy, and Nikhil Avasthi."

"What? I am going for the nationals?" Nikhil exclaimed in shock just like rest of the announced players.

"You deserve it, bro," Ved said and hugged Nikhil to congratulate him.

Soon, Nikhil was buried under the pile of his teammates and members of soccer team. Everyone congratulated the athletes who were going for the national trials, and once the chaos was under control, Dean Sir glanced at me and called for everyone's attention.

"Now that one of the good news is over, let's move on to the next one." He motioned for me to come forward and made me stand beside him.

"How are you, Sandhya?" he asked.

"I am fine, Sir. Thank you for asking."

"Just don't get in any trouble and take care, okay? I will sanction your leave the moment this meeting gets over." He smiled.

"No need to rush, Sir."

"I have to, Sandhya." He darted his eyes around in panic." If Mayank found me delaying and not looking after you, he will wreak havoc. Not to mention Rajeev too."