Chapter 34. White terror

I groaned as Rajeev gave me more applications to file in the folder. He said it was the last batch but I knew he had more. I was hungry too. I quickly arranged the papers and got up to leave before he noticed.

"Not so fast, missy," he said and handed me one more register.

"I can't do this anymore. I am leaving. I haven't eaten anything since three hours," I complained.

"Just complete this one and then I will take you for a treat. Okay?"

"Treat? Cool!"

He patted my head and went back to his work. Can you believe, we were working on a Sunday? I was making notes for Nikhil while watching TV at home when Rajeev called me up. His cousin was facing some trouble with the work and I was roped in for help too.

My Sunday! I was going to make Rajeev feed me all the food I could see on the menu. With that motivation, I checked all the files once again and revisioned the sales register.

After I was done with my share of work, I slumped down in one of the seats under the AC. I closed my eyes and waited for others to complete their work. I was enjoying my small nap, when I felt something crawl on my left foot. I moved my leg to get rid of whatever was there. After few seconds, I felt something crawl up my leg again. I ignored it. Then it bit me!

I opened my eyes and looked down. I froze. There was a creature I hated the most in the world. He was looking directly at me, his small evil eyes penetrating my soul.

He moved his whiskers and wiggled its tail. I couldn't move a bit. I took deep breaths to calm myself down and then, he looked away. That was my chance. I tried to get up from the chair but he moved his head in a flash and jumped on me.

I shrieked loudly and sprang up to run. But I twisted my ankle and fell down. The white devil ran towards the door and I heard someone laughing loudly. I turned my head and saw another creature I hated the most. Ved.

He picked up the white mouse and ran his fingers on his fur. Rajeev came after hearing my cry and went back after he saw Ved with his pet. I got up from the floor and rubbed my ankle.

"Good job, Terry," Ved praised his mouse and gave him something to eat.

Who keeps a mouse as a pet?

Ved came towards me and I told him to stay away. He laughed at my expression and I wanted to kill both of them so much. He knew I was afraid of mice since I was a kid. His little friend squeaked in my direction and I ran behind Rajeev's desk. I was not letting that white ball of fur near me.

Ved left Terry to roam around the gym and Terry jumped over everything that came in his way. Rajeev picked him up and after playing with him for sometime, left him. Since there were no customers today, he could enjoy as much as he wanted.

"Still afraid? When are you going to grow up?" Ved stood in front of me and I ignored him.

He poked my shoulder and I swatted his hand away. I was tired and hungry. He kept troubling me and I shouted for Rajeev to kick him out. Rajeev came and hit us both. He was getting disturbed by my continuous complaining. I huffed and went back to my spot under the AC.

I closed my eyes and believed Ved would leave me alone. Nope. When has he? I heard a chair screeching and stop beside me. I groaned and opened one of my eyes. Ved made himself comfortable and took out his phone. He glanced at me and I closed my eye.

I heard some shuffling and then he started chuckling. Ignore, Sandhya. His chucking turned into a huge laugh. Ignore. Then he went into a laughing fit. Just what the heck was he watching? I was getting curious. I opened my eyes and saw him trying to control his laughter while looking at his phone screen.