Chapter 13. Crybaby

8 years back

"Kids get in a line. Sandhya get everyone together."

"Yes mam," I replied and snatched each one of my classmates to form a line. I grinned when teacher scolded some students. They glared at me but I was used to it. I was the monitor.

Teacher started roll calling and one by one we all got on the bus. She furrowed her eyebrows and counted the students again. One was missing.

"Has anyone seen Ved?" she asked and we all shook our heads. I was happy he didn't come. I could enjoy the picnic so much without him.

"Present mam." Shit. Why did he had to arrive?

Teacher smiled at him and told him to take a seat. He smirked when he saw that the seat beside me was empty. I quickly put my bag on it and pointed my thumb to the back.

He moved past me after he pulled one of my pigtails. I got up to hit him but teacher told me to keep seated. I huffed and glanced back. He sat with his friends and began bragging about his soccer skills. Idiot.

Ayush was sitting few seats back. He had motion sickness so mam made him sit near the window. I brought some medicines for him, though I am sure he already had them. The ride to the water park was smooth.

As we started getting down the bus, Ved pushed me when I was on the last step of the stairs. I fell down and my uniform got dirty. Ayush helped me and scolded Ved. I thanked Ayush and teacher helped me to remove some stains. Didn't she notice he pushed me?

Even if they did, they never did anything. He was a rich kid afterall. Wealth speaks everytime. As I moved past him, I kicked him on the shin and ran away. He grunted but couldn't catch me because he was clutching his leg where I hit him.

We enjoyed a lot. The water slide was so much fun, I lost the count of how many times I rode it. The roller coaster was on another level. Ved and I argued for the front seat but Ayush intervened before we killed each other. Always the peacemaker.

All three of us sat in front with Ayush sitting between me and Ved as a barrier. He was afraid that we might try to push each other off during the ride.

After getting ourselves bruised by playing like there was no tomorrow, teacher told us to take a break. I was swimming in the swimming pool lost in my world. A hand grabbed my right ankle and started pulling me down. Ved! I kicked with my other leg but he kept pulling.

"Sandhya! Ved! What are you doing? Come out this second!" our teacher shouted and Ved left my leg . We came above the water surface and he tried to dunk my head inside the water before getting out. I smashed my fists on the water. I will get back to him.

After having lunch, we were taken to a nearby park. Everyone was busy and I made sure Ayush wasn't around. He would stop me if he saw me.

I went to the public washrooms and acted like I was waiting for someone. Whenever someone asked me what was I doing in front of Gents' washroom, I told them I was waiting for my father.

They got suspicious since I was in my school uniform but went away when I told more lies. I heard the lock open. Here was my chance. I rubbed my palms in anticipation. Just as I heard footsteps, I moved my right foot forward as I leaned on the wall.

I heard a loud crash and began jumping in joy. I tripped Ved. He glared at me from the floor and I ran away after pulling out my tongue at him.

I enjoyed it. A lot. I got mixed with the other kids and he told Ayush what I did. Ayush looked at me disappointingly. I shrugged my shoulders. I got my revenge. I won't allow Ved to get his way everytime.