Chapter 32. Manipulative witch

(Warning: Drugs are mentioned in this chapter.)

∆~~~~~∆

Honk!

The bus arrived and I fought with other passengers to get in. You had to be competitive if you didn't want to get late to your destination. I pushed through the crowd but didn't get a vacant seat.

I huffed and grabbed a support handle on the bus's ceiling. My earphones were already plugged in, so I distracted myself instead of cursing the people who constantly kept pushing others to move forward.

Songs were playing in my ears but instead of the music, my mind was focused on yesterday's events. A cold sweat broke through when I wondered what would have happened to Jahnvi if I hadn't came in time to save her. I had warned her to keep her act together but she didn't pay any heed to me and landed herself in trouble.

Fortunately, she learned her lesson and I was just glad my sister was safe. She didn't bug me to come with me today. She was even helping around the house, surprising everyone. Then, my mind turned from Jahnvi to Nikhil.

Nikhil. I tightened the grip on the support handle. I took deep breaths to control the anger which had begun rising. Karthik was a bad influence for him. Why couldn't he see it? I thought he was smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong.

I didn't like the way he talked to me at all. I would have beaten him up for that right there but I thought he must be under the influence of alcohol. He might not know what he was saying himself. That was possible. But, why would he get involved in these illegal things in the first place?

Wasn't he worried about the consequences if his parents or the college authorities found out? His dad will thrash him to a pulp if he discovered about it. I needed to talk to Nikhil to get his act together before he got in some serious trouble.

I was not letting him go without a proper explanation. Aunty had asked me to look out for him. I would do that even if she hadn't asked me. I won't let just one incident come between our friendship. I will talk to him. And if he didn't listen, maybe beat that into his brain.

He should be focusing on his studies right now. Argh! I was getting agitated now. I might brake the handle and that won't be good. I removed all of the thoughts from my mind and focused on the song's lyrics that was currently playing.

The bus came to a halt and I got down at my stop. I stretched my hands and flexed the sore fingers. I rolled my shoulders and corrected my posture. I started walking towards the school's gates, when a bike zoomed past me at a frightening speed. What an idiot!

I continued on my way but that bike returned and stopped in front of me. I narrowed my eyes at the biker but he was wearing a helmet, so I couldn't see his face. I ignored him and tried to move past him but he moved his bike forward and I flinched.

He did that few times and I almost punched him. I didn't care if he was wearing a helmet or not. But my hands still hurt from yesterday's fight so I refrained myself from doing so.

He took out his helmet and I gave him a dead look. Of course, who else it would be? Ved tilted his head and I scowled at him. I was not in the mood for his childish behaviour right now.

"I have an advice for you," he said.

"I don't want it."

"Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong.".

"I should be saying that to you."

"No need to get all tacky right now."

"Why do you have to disturb me all the time? You don't have any other work to do?"