Chapter 58. I just know

I couldn't focus on anything as I kept thinking about Faiyaz. What happened to him? Was he okay? Did Rashi's brother threaten him or not? Where was he? Did Rashi get to talk to him or meet him?

First half of my day was spent like this only. I didn't pay any attention in the lectures and kept wondering whether I should ask Rashi or not. Surbhi told me to relax but I couldn't. I was feeling guilty. An innocent person got hurt because of my senseless actions.

He was the one who had convinced Rashi to trust me and look what I did. I should have been more careful about what I was doing. I just wanted to be a hero and save everyone.

Moreover, Parth was also ignoring me. He wouldn't look at me or talk to me. He didn't bash me but I knew he was angry. He was oblivious to everything that had happened and feeling betrayed that I didn't tell him even once what I was upto these days.

After the previous lecture, we went to the cafeteria. Everyone's attention was on me. I knew why. Everyone got to know about the fight between me and Shree and I was labelled as a villain.

But I used the power of ignorance and acted like no one was there except for me and my friend. We took our seats at our usual table and my bestie glared at everyone who were looking at us.

We began eating our food when we noticed Tanya, Divya and Rashi entering the cafeteria. They walked towards our table for a small distance but halted on their way. Tanya and I made eye contact and she still looked mad at me.

Rashi was completely avoiding me while Divya was glancing between me and Tanya. I started getting up from my seat but Surbhi grabbed my hand and pulled me back. She narrowed her eyes at me and I sat beside her like an obedient child.

Other girls waited for sometime and then went to sit on another table. Murmurs started erupting around us and we turned a deaf ear to all of them. I spotted Parth sitting at his table but he looked away when he caught me looking at him.

I sighed and finished my lunch. It was still time for the break to get over so Surbhi and I played Ludo on my mobile. After few minutes, I felt someone sit beside me but decided to ignore the person.

I didn't have to look to know who it was. Ved nudged me with his elbow but I didn't react. He pulled my hoodie and I pursed my lips as I continued playing. Surbhi giggled when Ved interfered our game and started a new one beacuse he wanted to play too.

"Why are you here?" I asked irritatingly.

"To play," he replied and pinched my cheek.

"Go to your friends. They are glaring at me." I slapped his hand.

"I will decide where to be and not to be. So stop whining already."

I rolled my eyes. He saw that and smacked me behind the head. I punched him on the shoulder and he shook my chair. I caught Surbhi's arm to balance myself while she was just enjoying herself.

"You are really annoying, Ved," I huffed.

He just smirked in return and I was about to curse at him when Nikhil called his name. He told Ved not to waste his time on unnecessary things and to be with his friends. I didn't miss to whom he was referring to.

I turned my head to look at Nikhil and he was shooting daggers at me. Just like rest of the people. Ved sighed and after glancing at me, got up to leave. But he bent down a little and ruffled my hair.

I also started getting up to hit him but he caught my arm and flicked me on the forehead. He laughed at my reaction and went to sit on his table.

Jerk. He just can't mind his own business, can he? Talk about yourself, Sandhya.