◆01◆ Sunshine

"I am full~." Michiyo finished two bowls of tonkotsu ramen. She looked so happy, as if the world was going her way all the time. "Wow~! The desserts look good too~!"

"Were you a pig in your past life or something?" Bakugou muttered. 

"I don't think I was. Maybe a boar?" 

"That's just a wild pig, you idiot!" 

Kirishima and Todoroki were sitting on the other side of the table; while Bakugou's talking to Michiyo, Kirishima decided to ask Todoroki some questions in regards to Michiyo. 

"How much do you know? Does the name 'Yuuki' ring a bell?" 

"I only remember Michiyo. When you say Yuuki, I don't remember a thing about her."

Kirishima gave it some thoughts and he came to the conclusion Todoroki only have the previous world's memories only and not of any worlds. If Todoroki's memories were the same as Kirishima's then he would have remembered who Yuuki was. Kirishima felt somewhat of a relief; he didn't feel so alone now.

"So is it okay for me to treat you as Todoroki from the last world?" 

"I am me, Kirishima. Even if I have the last world's memories, I will always be me." Todoroki looked at his left hand as he remembered what happened.

Todoroki Shouto was sitting on the bench by the cherry blossom tree. 

How many years had went by since he graduated? How many years since the death of this girl whom he couldn't save. Just like she said, he did became a good Hero, he saved anyone he put his heart to...but why was she the only one he couldn't save that day? 

Todoroki looked at his left hand and he sighed tiredly. He knew he couldn't change the past, he knew full well time only go one way and not the other...but there there existed a part of him who desired to change the past for the sake of someone else. 

"Todoroki-kun, I knew I'd find you here. May I have a seat?" Tsuioku Keita asked him.

Todoroki nodded and he looked at the much older man. Keita was so old that he looked like he could die at any moment, why was he here when he should be resting? 

"Todoroki-kun, can I borrow your left hand?" 

Todoroki complied and gave Keita his left hand. 

Keita blinked once before he tiredly closed his eyes. "Todoroki, are you still thinking about Michiyo-chan? Your friends are all moving forward and living their lives. Yet, you always come back here on this day thinking about the same thing." 

"You can tell?" 

"The others come back here but they only tell her about their lives. Yet, you're always here wishing to bring her back." 

Todoroki nodded, "Because I know for sure that's what Michiyo would have wanted. To live. To live and be happy. It's such a simple wish and I know for sure if I can do it all over again, I'd want to be her Hero." 

"I'm glad you still feel that way for her." Keita held Todoroki's left hand tightly, activating his Quirk. 

"What are you-" 

"I want her to live too. But I don't have the power to do it. That's why, I will leave it to you." 

"Keita-san, you'll die-!" 

"Todoroki Shouto, listen carefully as I use my Quirk on you." 

Keita's last words....Todoroki made sure to remember it well.