◆28◆ Transient Cherry Blossom

"Ranfa!" Michiyo ran up to the pink haired girl, "Ranfa, why are you disappearing?! W-why?! I defeated the enemy! That should have fixed everything!" She tried to capture the petals, but it flowed out of her grasp, as if telling her this time it was inevitable for Ranfa to disappear along with this apocalyptic world. "You can't disappear!" 

"I'm sorry, Michiyo...it was decided from the very start. If that rat girl die, I have to die with her. On the other hand, if I die, she will continue to live. It was decided from the very beginning." 

Michiyo gasped in shock, "W-why didn't you tell me?" 

Ranfa smiled, "Because if I told you, you would have tried to look for another way when there is an easy way. She had to be killed. Killing her is the only way to set yourself free-" 

"I don't want to be free if it means for you to disappear!" Michiyo shouted over Ranfa, embracing her tightly. "You're like an older sister I never had! This is so unfair! I still have a lot of things I want to talk to you about! I want to wake up to see you, I want to go shopping with you, I want to go to the beach with you, I want to talk to you, and I wanted to train with you! I have a lot of things I wanted to do with you!" 

Ranfa hugged Michiyo back and she tiredly closed her eyes as weakness started to take over. "Me too. I wanted to do all those things too." But she couldn't. She couldn't go back with everyone, she knew that from the very start this was the outcome for her. 

"Someone...someone do something! Help Ranfa!" Michiyo fell to her knees, feeling more helpless than ever. "I...I did this...! I caused this...!" 

Kirishima got down on one knee and he patted Michiyo's head, "Michiyo, do you know why Ranfa refused to tell you a thing? She wanted to protect you. All this time...she wanted to protect you. She had been waiting this whole time for the very moment you are free from the enemy."

"But I grew stronger! I should have been able to save Ranfa too!" 

"Michiyo, a Hero can't possibly save everyone. Even in your real life, Heroes can't possibly save everyone. That's why the death of someone you can't save will become your motivation to grow stronger and to never fall into the darkness." Ranfa said to her, trying to comfort her in some small way.

"But-" 

"It's fine. I am fine with this." 

Michiyo shook her head, "Kirishima! Kirishima, you should understand, right?! Do something!" 

"I can't." He wanted to, but there's nothing he could do. 

"...you knew this whole time?" 

Kirishima nodded once and he closed his eyes in shame. "It's Ranfa's wish. I had to respect her wish. It's the only thing I can do for her." 

"No! No! This isn't what I want! I wanted an ending where Ranfa is there too!" 

"Todoroki, come here." Ranfa helped Michiyo up and she gently pushed Michiyo to him.

Todoroki held Michiyo to him. Michiyo begged him to do something, anything. However, Todoroki couldn't do anything to stop the inevitable either. Seeing Michiyo cry like this and beg him to do something, it made him feel bad because he really wished he could do something. 

Ranfa then looked at Dabi and she smiled at him, "So you are alive. Good, you can send everyone back." 

"You..." Dabi didn't know what to say to her. If he had the power, he'd like to take her back with everyone too. "Is there really nothing I can done for you?" Since he and her were timeless and did not belong to Michiyo's current world, he thought there might be something he could do for her. Like Todoroki, he wanted her to stay alive in order to make Michiyo happy.