◆18◆ Within a dream

Todoroki could still remember what happened that day. That day when the Michiyo he fell in love with dying because she got in the way of him fighting with Dabi. 

Dabi couldn't forget that day even if he wanted to. That day when his wife shattered into tiny little fragments of diamond dust. 

Both wanted to forget about that day but it will continue to haunt them as long as they live. That's why both of them wanted to protect this Michiyo; they didn't want what happened before to happen again. Todoroki was willing to become stronger for the sake of protecting her while Dabi was willing to stain his own hands with the blood of others in order to protect her. Who was right? Who was wrong? Who wasn't right? And who wasn't wrong? 

"Shouto! Dabi!" She called out to them but the two of them continued to fight because neither one of them were willing to stand down and admit they're wrong. Todoroki doesn't agree killing everyone to protect someone, and Dabi doesn't agree keeping a potential threat alive was helping anything. "Kya!" She was blown away by the force of the two fire. "Ahh...!"She was on the ground. "Huh...?" The blue ring rolled out of her pocket. The light was emitting a red and white light, the color reminded her of Todoroki. "Shouto..." 

"What happened in that world, do you want it to repeat in this world too?!" Todoroki shouted at Dabi in the midst of the battle. "She is alive in this world! We worked together to keep her alive before, didn't we?! Why can't we do it again?!" He his own fire to block off Dabi's fire. Each time he stopped using his flames, he would use his ice to cool his body temperature. 

"I only co-operated for Michiyo's sake." Everything he did and will do in the future will always be for his most precious person. 

"Then do it again!" But just like Dabi, everything Todoroki did and will do in the future will always be for his most precious person.

"I won't. The other me will kill her. He says he won't, but he will. I think I know myself better than you and anyone else, Todoroki Shouto." The only person who could truly understand you was yourself after all.

"That doesn't mean you are right! Think about what Michiyo wants!" 

Dabi refused to listen and he started to burn the cherry blossom petals that were flying around. 

Michiyo tried to cover herself with diamonds to move within the fire but she still felt the burn on her body; she had used too much of her own stamina in the battle with Dabi before. 

"It's hot...!" She started to worry about Dabi because he couldn't cool his body down like Todoroki. She had to stop him before he destroys himself "Dabi..." She couldn't get up even if she wanted to. The more she tried to get up, the heavier her body felt. Her Quirk was starting to come apart too. Will she die here? Within the greatness of the intense heat? Her eyes felt heavy...

"Michiyo..."

"Huh...?" Michiyo could hear a voice. A voice in her head. Who was calling her? "That voice...is sounds so similar to mine. A gentle voice..." 

"Michiyo, get up." 

"I can't..." She no longer have the strength to get up. She wished she had the strength to get up, but she doesn't.