◆24◆ It's not over

Michiyo put a small vase full of forget me not flowers for Todoroki. Michiyo opened the curtains to let the sun in. "It's a nice day~." 

It really was strange; Todoroki had seen so many sunny days but this particular day was a lot beautiful. Why? Because Michiyo was here and she's smiling happily. "Michiyo, come here." 

She came over to him and she sat on a chair. She happily held his hand and the two of them smiled at one another because they knew from this point things will start to get better and they have many tomorrows to look forward to. 

"Michiyo, you did so well. I'm proud of you." He overexerted himself so he could protect her but she's the one who fought her own fight and protected her own life as well as Ranfa's. He was proud of her, really proud of her. 

"Thank you." Michiyo looked at his left hand, the hand that's always warm and always pulled her along with him. She thought she wouldn't be able to live to hold his hand again but here she was holding his hand. "Shouto, I'm alive."

Todoroki pat the side of the bed, asking Michiyo to sit on it instead of the chair. When she did that, he hugged her and pressed his ear against where her heart was. He closed his eyes so he could hear the beating of her heart. This was proof she was alive and still here by his side. This world was changed by sheer force and willpower. Too much had happened but here they were...

"Shouto..." She hugged him back, her fingers ran through his mismatched hair. 

Standing outside of Todoroki's hospital room was Dabi. He was looking for Michiyo because he wanted to see the her who was alive. She's the only one who came out of everything alive, all the other Michiyo he got to meet and know all died yesterday at the time she was supposed to meet her demise. He opened the door, not bothered with the lack of knocking. 

"Dabi." Michiyo was happy to see him too. 

"Hey," He looked calm and quiet on the outside, but on the inside he couldn't stop the overflowing happiness knowing she was alive right now. He travelled through so many worlds and here he was...he finally made it to a world where she was alive. 

"How are your injuries? Are you supposed to move around?" 

"If I don't move around, I will feel annoyed." Dabi replied, reaching a hand out to pat her on the head. "You're here..." 

Michiyo smiled sweetly and she nodded. 

Todoroki smiled a little but then he realized something. "Michiyo, is it okay if you can get me some strawberry milk from the vending machine?" 

Dabi realized what Todoroki was planning to do and he looked back at Michiyo, "Be a good girl and buy me a yakisoba bread." 

"Eh? But the line is long..." 

"Please? I'm injured." 

"...you weren't injured when you walked all the way here." Still, Michiyo went anyway. She opened the door and left. 

Dabi made sure she was completely gone before he got to business with Todoroki, "What do you want to talk about?" 

Todoroki looked serious, it couldn't be good news. "I have a feeling this isn't over." 

"You too, huh?" 

The two of their minds were the same; it looked like it's over, but it's not over yet. 

The enemy was still alive.