◆19◆ The paths are merging

Just like she said in her dream world, she will work in Pancake House during the weekend. Michiyo was happy to see the Dabi with the blue ring and see he was doing well. Compared to seeing him in her dream world, she could see his eyes were no longer clouded by the obsession of protecting her. Right now, his eyes looked clear from all thoughts. 

"Where is the other me?" He asked her. 

"I can't tell you that." Michiyo answered as she thought about a few hours before this Dabi arrived for his black coffee. 

The Dabi who was injured and been resting was okay to move again. 

"Are you sure you don't want to stay here a little longer?" Michiyo asked, still worried about him. Even though this Dabi was not the Dabi who always come to Pancake House for a black coffee, she still treated him very kindly. 

"I am fine. Unlike the other me, I have something I must do." 

"I see..." 

He looked at her and he was about to pat her on the head but then he hesitated and moved his hand away. "Listen, even if we cannot agree on the same things about this rising society of Heroes...even if someday we might have to fight one another as Hero and Villain, I won't harm you." 

"Dabi..." 

"This is my oath to you: I will not harm you no matter what." He was about to leave from the back of the cafe, but then he felt Michiyo grabbing onto the end of his coat. "What now?" 

"I swear to you too! I'll become stronger! So strong that no one will be able to defeat me!" 

Dabi smiled at her determined words, "You'll be a good Hero someday. What will be your Hero Name be the next time you come at me as a Pro Hero?" 

With a prideful smile, she told him. "My Hero Name will be Diamond Flower!" 

"Then, Diamond Flower...if I were to fall, it will be by you. I look forward to the day where you can capture me." With that, he walked away without looking back. 

Even though the two of them were supposed to be like water and oil, it didn't change the fact that for a moment there, they were friends who came to an agreement. 

Dabi was smiling and so was she...

"I see." Dabi said to her. 

"That's why..." Todoroki refilled the black coffee for Dabi, "That's why you shouldn't bother killing yourself this time." He came over because he was jealous that this guy was being overly friendly with Michiyo. Todoroki's filling in for one of the workers who suddenly called in sick. After hearing from the manager that Dabi often comes for a black coffee when Michiyo's working, it had Todoroki worry as well as jealous. 

"Hmph. Michiyo, give me a coffee with milk. I don't trust coffee made by him. He touched my cup with his right hand, it's probably cold by now." 

"Are you implying I am doing this out of spite?" 

"I am not implying, I am saying." 

Michiyo sighed and she went to replace the black coffee with what Dabi wanted, ignoring their little verbal battle. She looked at them again, and she smiled because it felt like seeing two brothers fighting with one another.

Todoroki sighed, "Look, I don't want to argue with you. Rather, I have something to ask of you." 

"What?"