◆08◆ Overflowing with happiness

Todoroki and Michiyo went to Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall on the next day, it's the same mall where Shigaraki was spotted just the other day by Midoriya. Todoroki did wonder if it was okay to bring Michiyo here- 

"Todoroki, look~!" She was wearing a headband with black cat-like ears on her head. "Does it suit me? There's even a tail to go with it too!" She gave him a twirl so he could see the black tail with a streak of white hair attached to the back of her skirt. "What animal is this supposed to make me? A skunk?" She looked at the tag and it read 'honey badger accessory.' 

'...no, this is best idea ever, coming here.' He thought to himself as he took his phone out to take pictures of her so he could send it to his mom. "Michiyo, come here." 

"Hm?" She walked over to him and then Todoroki started to pat her head. She loved it when he pat her head, it made her heart feel warm and fuzzy. 

He smiled, "Do you want to buy it?" 

"Haha! Where am I going to find the place and time to wear this?" She removed the headband and she put it away along with the tail. It was fun while it lasted. 

"Fancy dress or Halloween." 

"Good point, but no thanks. Today is not about me, it's about you." 

He disagreed with her, "I like to think of it as about us." 

"U-us?" 

"We're both shopping, aren't we?" 

"Y-yeah! Yeah...u-um, I wonder if there's anything that will be useful for my training or part time job! Ahahahaha..." She was so nervous! She's so nervous she couldn't look at him in the eyes and be normal now! 

But however socially awkward she may be at times, he's always there to hold her hand and take her with him. "There's a lot of people. Let's hold hands." 

"Y-yes..." 

Hand in hand, they continued their shopping trip so he could prepare for summer camp. While shopping, he wondered if she will be fine on her own. She will be in the Todoroki household all on her own. He's not worried about her being alone with Fuyumi, but what about his father? Honestly, he wished she could come with him to camp because she will be alone with people he didn't really like; starting with his father and to Shinsou, who was her classmate and apparently she will be training with him right after her part time work once he leave for camp. 

He wanted to spend as much time with her as possible and engrave more happy moments into her memories. He wanted her to remember so much happiness that no unhappiness could touch her. 

"Todoroki, this handkerchief suits you. It's red on this side and white on this side. It reminds me of you~." 

"You're right, but I can regulate my body temperature with my Quirk." 

"Ah. You're right." She put the handkerchief away.

However, he took the handkerchief again and also taking the sky blue colored handkerchief because it reminded him of her.

"I thought you said you can regulate your own heat." 

"I can, but doesn't mean I won't use it. You have the red and white one and I'll have the blue one." 

"Really? But the red and white one is your color." 

"But the blue one reminds me of you." 

She blushed at his words. She's happy to hear that. Wait, does this mean he wanted to take something that reminded him of her when he's away from her? she's so happy to know that, she's so happy that her heart was fluttering out of simple happiness.