◆10◆ Nice to meet you (again)

Early in the morning, Todoroki Shouto got up, brushed his teeth, and ate breakfast with Michiyo. Today's the day where he will set off for summer camp. He and his classmates will be away from home and from school in order to grow stronger.

"Make me proud, Shouto." Endeavor said to his son, seeing him off from the front of their home. "Come back a stronger man than now. You are expected to surpass me so I will see that come true." 

"I am not doing this for you." Todoroki replied coldly, not really paying to mind of Endeavor's words. He has his own reasons to be strong, it's not for the sake of his father. 

"Do your best, Shouto, I'll be cheering for you from here. Please leave everything to me and focus on camp." 

Todoroki smiled kindly at her and he nodded once. "I will. I'll leave everything to you." 

'Why is it that Shouto gave me the cold shoulder but gave this girl a warm smile?' Endeavor thought to himself.

When she heard Todoroki say that, she felt her heart brimming with a newfound confidence once again. She's happy to know he trusted her so much. 

"I'll do my best!" 

Todoroki put his bags down and he cupped her cheeks. Michiyo blushed at the cold yet warm touch from him. She leaned into his left hand, her eyes staying into his mismatched ones.

"I couldn't protect you back then, but this time for sure. I'll be the one to protect you." 

"Huh?" 

Todoroki pressed his forehead against her own. He slowly closed his eyes, "I want you to live more than anything else. It will be nice if we can live together in the future..."

"Shouto..."

He let her go and he picked up his bags, walking away from his home and from her. "I'll be back. See you soon." 

Michiyo wondered what Todoroki was talking about. 

Endeavor watched as his son's back became smaller and smaller as the distance between them grew. He sighed and then he looked at Michiyo, who was watching her son's back with an admirable smile gracing her features. 

"You want me to train Michiyo while you are gone?" 

"Yes. Sooner or later, there may be things out of my control happen. I want her to be prepared for it." 

"And that's where I come in?" 

"I don't agree with you on many things, but I won't deny your position as a Hero." 

"...you're not afraid I will hurt her while you're gone." 

His son just smiled, "She is a diamond." 

"Hmph. Since you have been staying in the Todoroki home, we never talked properly nor have I seen your worth as a Hero. I will train you and prepare you for the path of a Hero." 

"Endeavor-san..." 'Oh, he's not so bad-' 

"Psyche. You really expect me to be nice and welcoming to you?" 

"Eek!" 

"I'm only training you because my son asked me to! If I get to choose, I'd rather train him without you!" 

"Please don't be so mean..." 

"Enough! Get into the dojo now and I'll train you! I won't go easy on you just because you are a girl! The path of a real Hero doesn't care about what is in your pants!"