1

If you had to describe Kim Namjoon in three words it'd definitely be 'broke as FUCK'. Rent was due this week and he had no idea how the hell he was going to give his share. Jeon Jungkook, his best friend and roommate, was sitting on the couch next to him, watching a movie. He and Namjoon shared the rent for the apartment, but the older boy was fired from his job after his foster mother had called him during work hours to scream at him, so he was struggling to get rent money.

"Chill Nam-hyung, I got you for now. You're stressing way too much! You should be focusing on your studies!" Jungkook told as he tried to take Namjoon's laptop away, but his efforts were in vain.

"No Kook! I mean how can I let you - 17-year-old you - take responsibility for my lack of responsibility!? Either way the load won't be lifted off you completely, every job I get pays so little!" Namjoon complained as he typed in another search term.

The two boys had known each other for 6 years and when Jungkook turned 16 they moved in together, in a small apartment in downtown Seoul so Namjoon could attend a wonderful college. He also wanted to get away from his foster parents and he was offered a scholarship for his good grade, but the scholarship wasn't enough.

Oddly enough Jungkook could afford to pay half the rent, and he was only a teen? Namjoon didn't question it that much, he knew the younger boy's parents were abusive and they were pretty well off, so he assumed they payed for everything. Whatever the circumstances, the older boy knew he had to stick by Jungkook's side no matter what, that had been there for each other for years.

Now back to jobs.

"Y'know if you're struggling so much to find a classic job maybe you should go into some other form of work..." Jungkook told which only landed him a curious glare from his roommate.

"Jungkook, what?" Namjoon asked, clearly not getting what his roommate was saying. For how smart Namjoon, sometimes things just flew over his head, like right now, he clearly wasn't hearing what Kook was saying.

"An easy way to get hundreds maybe even thousands a week to pay for both tuition and rent would be by having a helping hand from someone older." Jungkook started, flipping the pages of his book.

"Kook, what are you trying to say?" Namjoon questioned clearly losing his patients. He had a job to find and clearly this wasn't the time to be cracking jokes.

"I'm saying you should get a sugar daddy Joon." Kook said flatly, only receiving a pillow to the face from Joon. "They pay the best if y'know what I mean." He quirked his perfectly done eyebrows.

'God, how does he have the time and money for that?' Namjoon thought himself.

But back to the point - a sugar daddy!!! Is this boy serious! Of course Namjoon wouldn't settle for that, he saw a 'job' like that as dirty money job - none of it was good. There was no way in hell the older boy would settle for that.

"Absolutely not!" Namjoon responded, shutting his laptop down and reaching for a handful of Jungkook's popcorn. He sighed in defeat, "Kook?"

"Yes hyung?"

"Thanks you for putting up with me and being there for me a-and I promise th-that as soon as I get a-a job I'll be able to be the h-hyung you need." The older boy told, as his eyes started to burn with tears.

Namjoon just felt so shit, not having his life together and having an 18-year-old, whom he should be taking care of, pay for his mistakes. Perhaps he turned out this way because of his up bringing. No parents, a foster home, Namjoon was basically alone. He was dysfunctional and unadjusted to the world.