20

There was no going back anymore, Jin couldn't leave Namjoon because if he did then he'd be breaking part of the most important part of the promise. He promised Jungkook that no one would get hurt, that this thing would end soon, but now the Choi's had information about Namjoon. They thought he and Jin were an item, so naturally they'd use Namjoon to manipulate Jin even if they did break up.

That day when Namjoon took Jin to his flat, he heard clicks coming from that ally way. Jin saw that figure running away from them, but he didn't look further into it because he was hoping for the best. That was days ago and there was no doubt that the Choi's already knew of Joon's existence. He'd have to tell Kook about it along with the rest of the team.

"Hyung?" A voice called out, Jin looked up from the info file he had brought. Namjoon was standing at the bathroom doorway already changed into sweats and a t-shirt.

"O-Oh, Namjoon." Jin stammered. "Are you sure you wanna sleep here? If you want I can-can drop you off at your flat." He suggested. Namjoon declined that offer by shaking his head and he moved toward the bed. He slipped under the covers and turned off his bedside lamp.

.
.
.

The worst part about moonlight was that the light provided no sense of comfort. No warmth, almost like it was mocking you for being so lonely. Maybe it was mocking you or maybe it was being a companion during your lonely hours.

Moonlight was a silent friend that half listened to or half ignored what you said. Maybe that's why Jin was currently wasting good sleep time thinking out in the terrace. He was thinking about how Namjoon could be kept safe and how he'd tell Jungkook that he was going to break the promise. Fuck! Why did this have to happen? Why now?

Who knows what type of information they had about Namjoon and Jungkook. Jin definitely had to get to the bottom of this and they'd probably need to sneak their own rat into the Choi's. He didn't know Namjoon too well, nor did he really care that much for him (not like he cared for the mafia at least), but because of Jungkook he has to do whatever it takes to save him.

"What're you thinking about?" A deep voice question. Fuck, Jin had hoped that Namjoon would sleep through the night, but clearly that wasn't the case.

"Everything, tonight, tomorrow." Jin answered. He didn't want to look at Namjoon, didn't want to see his accusing eyes glare holes into him.

"So I take it you know why this happened?" The younger man asked, accusation dripping from his voice. Jin couldn't lie now, no this matter was too serious and if the situation kept up like this then Namjoon wouldn't need to now soon. Not now though, Namjoon would have to wait a bit before knowing the truth.

"Perhaps I do." The older man said, eyes focused on the city lights. Before he could react he felt himself being grabbed by his sides and pushed into the railing by Namjoon. The younger man looked at him, some sort of animalistic fury and confusion filing his eyes.

"You do! And I want to know! It's my right to know, Seokjin!" Namjoon cried, hands grabbing at Jin's sides even harder. Jin had never been scared of anyone, not even his worst enemy, but Namjoon was definitely scaring him. It was the desperation that really scared him.

In an instant Jin's eyes softened with understanding, maybe pity? Namjoon was young, he was never exposed to this sort of thing whereas Jin had been aware of these dangerous situations all his life. As a small child he had internalized that one day out of the blue he could be killed, shot, without mercy.

"With Father here, you won't have to worry about going off to the afterlife, I'll make sure of it, Seokjinnie."

Jin was small when his father would say that, but even then he knew it was bullshit, that his father wouldn't always be there. Namjoon didn't have that raw sense of reality, though. He was a shining light in a dark world, filled with spirit and a bright future ahead. He couldn't die yet, he wasn't meant to die at any point. Not now, not that way.

"Namjoon-Ah..." Jin spoke, bringing both hands to Namjoon's face. One hand cradled the brunettes cheek and the other was pressed to his nape. He pushed both their foreheads together, eyes never leaving Namjoon's gaze. "It's you're right to know and you will, but you have to trust me."

The younger man only stayed silent, biting the inside of his cheek and looking away. His anger had already subsided, but he still felt resentful. Why was he almost kidnapped? What did Jin have to do in all this? Most importantly, what did situation mean?

"Was this your doing? Did you want this to happen to me?" Namjoon asked, innocence lacing his voice. The confused animal that had possessed him a few minutes ago was now completely gone. There was no reason for Jin to be scared anymore.

"No, never." He answered without a trace of hesitation. Jin pecked Namjoon's lips reassuringly. Somehow staring into Jin's eyes and hearing him say those words made most of Namjoon's worries go away.

"I-Okay, I trust you." Namjoon told, taking Jin's hand into his own. "You promise you'll tell me right?" He asked, the curiosity eating away at him.

"I will Namjoon, just have patients." The older man smiled as he squeezed the others hand back. "How about we go to sleep?"

"I'm sorry for how I acted Jin-hyung? I-I was just confused and desperate." He still was but the didn't mean he should act irrationally. If Jin wasn't telling him the truth he definitely had good reason too.

"Don't worry, it's fine." Jin assured, slipping under The the covers with Namjoon. "You had good reason to act that way. Sleep now."

Namjoon nodded, cuddling with Jin as the older man's back faced him. He looked at the clock on the night stand, it read 3:34 AM. Damn, had all this really happened in the span of 6 hours? It was almost like a dream, some sort of haze, maybe because there was still alcohol in his system?

What would he tell Jungkook, when he came back in the morning? Nothing. Jungkook didn't need these things worrying him, he had school on Monday and it's not like the boy would get I hurt or anything. Well, that's what Namjoon thought at least, Jungkook was very much entitled to that information because it could hurt him.

What was Jungkook doing now? Was he with his friend Kim Taehyung or was he sleeping peacefully at home? It was the first.