Don't Hurt Yourself (Virgil x Reader)

(TRIGGER WARNING: There is self harm and suicide throughout this, please don't read this if you're overly sensitive to self harm or suicide, and please don't read this if you're easily triggered by such things. :3 <3)

Virgil's P.O.V

When you wrote me that letter
I wish that we were together
so i could say that everything's alright
You told me you didn't matter
That your hope had been shattered

I knew there was something wrong when you wouldn't pick up my calls, when you didn't reply to my messages, when you didn't answer your door. When I used my spare key and found you, cold, lifeless. I wish I was there for you more, reassure you everything would work out as planned, that everything will be just fine. I should have realised when you told me you meant nothing, that you were worthless, that you had nothing to live for.

You said you feel like giving up the fight
I know it feels like more than you could take
but you're strong enough
believe me when I say

You told me multiple times that you just wanted to give up on everything because it was all so overwhelming. You were the strongest and bravest person I ever knew, I thought you could pull through it all. It's my fault for not being there more for you, even though you were strong you still needed me, and I wasn't there for you. You fell, trusting I'd catch you, but I didn't I was nowhere to be seen. Why wasn't I with you?

I will never leave you
you can always be you
Cause even when you feel alone no, you ain't by yourself
i'm a shoulder you can cry on
and i'm someone to rely on
Cause even when you feel alone you won't need no one else
So don't hurt yourself

I should have told you I'd always be here no matter what, that my eyes will see you no differently no matter who you are or what you act like, because I love- loved you. I should have told you that even when you feel isolated, like no one cares that I'll always be by your side, that you could cry on my shoulder or rely on me whenever you needed me. I should have told you that you don't need anyone or anything but me and you. I should have been here to stop you.

I know at home it ain't perfect
the battle scars they ain't worth it
but i don't wanna read between the lines
I know at times it can burn you
The ones who care they deserve you
Just stick around there will be better times

I knew you were struggling with your family, they didn't accept you, so instead of talking you drew red lines across your wrists to replace the emotional pain for physical. No one deserved you apart from those who treated you like royalty, because that's what you are. If you stayed here I could have shown you so much more than the small rom of pain that you were enclosed in.

I know it feels like more than you could take
but you're strong enough
believe me when I say

I know it must have been difficult, but I was here, I was right here. You were strong enough to fight. WE were strong enough to fight.

I will never leave you
you can always be you
Cause even when you feel alone no, you ain't by yourself
i'm a shoulder you can cry on
and i'm someone to rely on
Cause even when you feel alone you won't need no one else
So don't hurt yourself

I should have shown you I'd always be here no matter what, that my eyes will see you no differently no matter who you are or what you act like, because I loved you. I should have shown you that even when you feel isolated, like no one cares that I'll always be by your side, that you could cry on my shoulder or rely on me whenever you needed me. I should have shown you that you don't need anyone or anything but me and you. I should have been here to stop you.           

We are gonna give you all the love that you can need.                                                                                   just promise me that you will never leave

All the other sides and Thomas would have given you all the love that you cold ever need if we knew how deep you were, hoe much you were suffocating, we were too late. I just wish you would have promised to stop yourself, to stop yourself from doing this.

I will never leave you
you can always be you
Cause even when you feel alone no, you ain't by yourself
i'm a shoulder you can cry on
and i'm someone to rely on
Cause even when you feel alone you won't need no one else
So don't hurt yourself

I will show you that I'll always be here no matter what, that my eyes will see you no differently no matter who you are or what you act like, because I love you. I will show you that even when you feel isolated, like no one cares that I'll always be by your side, that you could cry on my shoulder or rely on me whenever you needed me. I will show you that you don't need anyone or anything but me and you. I couldn't stop you, so I'll do it with you...

-

I'm sorry!!!! :3 <3