Falling For You (Roman x Reader)

I don't know
But I think I may be fallin' for you
Dropping so quickly
Maybe I should keep this to myself
Waiting 'til I know you better

Have you ever fell for someone? It sucks. You're filled with anxiety every time you're around them, you think hard about every single letter that spills from your lips, every movement your body makes. The feeling of falling and not being caught is terrifying. You're falling at such a speed that if they don't catch you, you don't know if you'll live. I feel this way about Roman. I'm too nervous to tell him, I want to know that I'll be caught and not left to come crashing down, smashing into the realisation that I'll forever be alone.

I am trying, not to tell you
But I want to,
I'm scared of what you'll say
And so I'm hiding what I'm feeling
But I'm tired of holding this inside my head

I'm trying not to show my emotions. It's hard. I laugh at all of his stupid names he tries to insult people with. I smile at the fact he can never think of something to insult me with. I get butterflies every time I catch him looking at me. None of that it important. I can't let him know. I can't let him know I'm falling, and falling hard. If I tell him and he rejects me I'll feel so stupid, pathetic, worthless. I can't risk it. 

I've been spending all my time
Just thinking about ya
I don't know what to do
I think I'm fallin' for you
I've been waiting all my life
And now I found ya
I don't know what to do
I think I'm fallin' for you
I'm fallin' for you

Every second. Every minute. Every hour. Every day. You're all that goes on in my head. I can't concentrate anymore. I promised myself I wouldn't fall for anyone again. I can't help it. You're different. Every laugh brightens my day. Every smile makes me feel better. What am I going to do? I'm falling for you.

As I'm standing here
And you hold my hand
Pull me towards you
And we start to dance
All around us
I see nobody
Here in silence
It's just you and me

I've had a terrible day. Everything made me feel overwhelmed. I stood in front of Roman as he interrogated me as to why I look so glum. I can't smile. It's too hard. Suddenly he takes my cold hand into his warm one pulling me towards him, harder than he thought, making me bump into his chest. This made him let out a quiet chuckle. He began to twirl me around and he pulled me so close to him, one hand around my waist, our chests were touching. We were slow dancing. I breathed in his smell, I didn't even realise but I was smiling.

I am trying not to tell you
But I want to
I'm scared of what you'll say
And so I'm hiding what I'm feeling
But I'm tired of holding this inside my head

All my emotions are bubbling up inside. I'm really trying to keep my feelings to myself, but after last night, us dancing together, it felt like he wanted to be with me too. What if I'm wrong? No. I have to keep it tucked inside. I can't let him know. Not until I'm sure.

I've been spending all my time
Just thinking about ya
I don't know what to do
I think I'm fallin' for you
I've been waiting all my life
And now I found ya
I don't know what to do
I think I'm fallin' for you
I'm fallin' for you

I think he's realised. He notices everything, I'm more anxious than I was before.

Oh, I just can't take it
My heart is racing
The emotions keep spilling out

I need to tell him how I feel before he thinks I'm a coward. Come on, Y/n, he admires bravery. Be brave you can do this! I take in a deep breath. Let's do this.

I think I'm fallin' for you

"Roman?"

"Yeah?"

"I- I like you."

"I like you too."

"I like-like you..."

I can't stop thinking about it
I want you all around me
And now I just can't hide it
I think I'm fallin' for you
I can't stop thinking about it
I want you all around me
And now I just can't hide it
I think I'm fallin' for you

Time slowed down. What is he gonna say? What do I do? Do I run? I can't. My legs are frozen in sheer fear of rejection. I instinctively look down to my feet. This has happened before. He'll reject me and tell me every reason he hates me. I sigh.

I'm fallin' for you

"Y/n."

"Huh?"

"I like-like you too." He grinned. I let out a breath I didn't even realise I was holding in. I ran up to him and slapped him on the shoulder.

"Why did you wait so long?" I screeched.

"Tension." He replied smugly making me slap him again but then pulled him into a hug. My Prince.