Chapter 4: Task remain unchecked

The light taping of a pen hitting hitting his hand echoed in Izuku's thoughts as he thought about what to write. It became clear to him that there was a possibility of no return from what he was about to do. He may never face anyone he loved again. The blank pages that lay in front of Izuku taunted his inability to let go. To say goodbye to the one person  he considered to be family. He wrote letters similar to this but merely as an apology, not as a goodbye. He couldn't even put the pen to the paper.

How would his mother react? She was some ways, to put it kindly, weak willed in some attributes. Though , when his father left to go on a business trip, she was strong for Izuku, being the rock that kept him from collapsing. How could he leave someone like that?

Of course there was the consideration that he could stay. He could refuse to join the league and lead a standard life. He could become a detective or a support gear manufacturer. He could still be a hero from the side lines.

Once again the work hit him. 'Heroes'. The word sent shivers up Izukus spine in spite as he, once again recounted his encounter with All Might and the heroes who reprimanded him for trying to save Bakugo. Izuku's knuckles paled as he clenched his fist tightly, as if trying to release pent up frustrations. No. This was what he had to do.

He put the pen down, not being able to even start the note and hoped onto his bed. He would figure it out tomorrow.

~

Friday came quickly, though it dragged on for what seemed like days. Izuku's encounter with Bakugo yesterday seem to not satisfy the blondes frustrations. Altercation after altercation, even within the classroom as the teacher was attempting to lecture. And with Bakugo's little dogs behind him today unlike yesterday, it made things a lot more..

Extreme.

For you see, as barbaric as Bakugo is, he has boundaries. Sure the boundaries are there so he doesn't ruin his chances of getting into UA but they are there nonetheless. But Bakugos cronies had no aims to getting into UA. So they didn't care about reputation or repercussions for their actions. And with the ever-loving aim to please/ impress Bakugo, they had it out for Izuku, the person Bakugo hated for reasons even they didn't know.

So because of this, Izuku was left walking home with a bruised cheek and limp, which he attempted to conceal to his mother. Usually that kind of injury would heal overnight so he wasn't worried about not being able to make it to the park.

Before that day, Izuku had alot of tasked to do before he left. He still had to write the damn note to his mother. But he also had to make his mark so to speak. Call it cliche if you will, but Izuku wanted to prove his defiance against society norm. Firstly he wanted to take all the All Might collectables and burn them. Burn them to a crisp. He knew of a old compound were people rarely went so he considered that to be the place to burn it all. The compound was a previous work station that his dads company owned, but was abandoned after being deemed unsafe after a villian attack.

Izuku knew that he would be getting involved in shady business. "Collecting information" doesn't exactly sound innocent. Especially coming from a guy like Shigaraki. He considered the possibility of bringing a weapon, like a pocket knife, so he wouldn't die very easily.

Lastly, Izuku wanted to check the records for villian activity online, just to clarify he wasn't about to be abducted or murdered. The shigaraki guy didn't look very old, maybe 20 or so. It's possible this 'league' of his is quite new so checking the villian attacks to see if there was a spike in recent years seemed like a good idea.

Low and behold, Izukus intuition was right. In the last 2-3 years crime has spiked, not drastically but enough to see a difference. Though not completely convinced, Izuku felt more assured about Shigaraki.

The thought of Shigaraki stuck in his head. Why did he pick Izuku in the first place? They had never met before, so there was no way of knowing about Izukus journals about heroes which could be beneficial to this 'league'. Though Shigaraki seemed a little childish so it's possible he picked him out of curiosity or "just because he could".

Izuku flopped onto his bed looking at the clock. 9.43. He would not have enough time to finish everything. The letter was going to take God knows how long and he still had to figure out how he could sneak out to burn the collectables. He could use the window but he knew his mother would find out as he would have no way to get back inside, so he would have to knock on the locked door. Then it just popped into his head.

"I'll just burn it before I meet Shigaraki."

It was quite simple. He had no idea how to get it all there but it was a start. As he mumbled all the ways he could possibly carry out this mission, he dozed of, the tasked still undone.

Oh well, he could just do it tomorrow.

~
Authors note:
Man trying to explain  Izukus logic is great fun. Even better considering I'm the one who wrote him like this but eh whatever.

Sorry for the amount of explaining g I  this one, it's easier to clarify things now then later which is why it is so condensly packed into this one chapter. So yeah sorry if it was confusing.

Next chapter should be up soon-ish

Have a good day my laddies :P