Chapter 38: Bakugo and Todoroki

Todoroki entered the shared first floor with a dreary face, as he walked into the lounge to get a book for his studies. He did not, however, anticipate that four forlorn faces would look back at him. None of them spoke a word, instead turning away again to one again stare into space.

"Is something wrong?"

Todoroki didn't talk with his classmates a lot. Most days he spent in recluse, spending his days in his room. It wasn't that he was afraid to get close to them, it was more like he didn't know how. He never had much interaction with anyone when he was younger, besides his father and mother. He barely got the chance to talk to his siblings due to the grueling training he was subjected to in his younger years.He hadn't talked to his mother either ever since she had been admitted to the hospital after burning his face.

This did leave some negative effects in the end. Namely, how to talk to people his age.

One or two looked up again, but stayed silent. It was to be expected however. With everything that happened to Bakugo and Kirishima, paranoia spread through their class like wildfire, inflicting most of the school with such a disease.

It was impossible to gauge who to trust anymore.

If he had to say, Kaminari seemed the most agitated. Ever since the incident with Bakugo and Kirishima, it became quite impossible to locate him anymore. He was nervous in class and wasn't as happy go lucky anymore. Considering his personality, it was something to be worried about.

Maybe that's why Kaminari wasn't with the group.

"Hey Todoroki." Uraraka looked up at him eventually, a small smile bridging her cheeks. It was unbelievably forced, but he let he continue. "We are okay. We just have a  lot to think about right know."

"What do you mean?"

"Bakugo's awake."

Todoroki walked over to the four and sat down on a sofa next to Mina. "That's good isn't it?"

"Yes, but..."

"But what?"

"He keeps blaming himself for everything that's been going on." Sero sighed, turning toward Todoroki without his usual carefree appearance. "We are starting to think these attacks are weighing on his mind. We're just trying to come up with something to make him go back to his normal self."

"But he won't listen to us!" Mina continued. "He always responds dismissively and doesn't agree with us. We don't know what to do."

Todoroki paused, thinking to himself as the four look away again. "I have an idea..."

"Really? What is it?"

"I'll talk to him tomorrow. You guys should probably get some rest."

"But it's only nine o'clock."

"And you all look exhausted. Sleep."

One by one, they left to go to their dorm rooms. Todoroki stood, got his book and returned to his own room.

This attitude they described seemed entirely familiar, which is why he hoped this idea would work.

Though, it was something he swore to never tell to anyone. But in this scenario, it seemed that there was no choice if Bakugos mental stability was being shaken.

Especially considering everything that had been going on recently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was his fault.

It really was.

No matter how many times everyone said it wasn't.

He knew better than that.