Chapter 31: Criminal Underworld

Red flashes where interrupted but sparks of green lightning. Black smoke swirled around, enveloping everything in its sight. Time froze suddenly, though the most still surrounded everything, many forming into shapes before collapsing. Flashes of shadows similar to the form of a person ran in and out of the mist, causing its direction to shift. Silence defended all that were in there, live or not. No twisting or convulsing could free anyone from the grasps of the smoke.

Bakugo still tried, weakly, twisting and turning in an attempt to free himself from the grasp of the mist. His grunts and struggles where silenced, not that anyone was there to hear them. No amount of shaking could release him.

His ashy blonde hair swayed slightly a gush of wind blew past him, causing him to clench his eyes shut. When he reopened them, eyes taking a few seconds to adjust to the darkness, they fell on a menacing sight.

Eight, misty figures stood in front of his, staring directly towards him. None talked, the slight shifting motions being the only indication of some kind of life. His words of confusion where muffled, like a hand was forced over his face, clenching it shut.

The eight figures began to take a few steps back, much to Bakugo's disapproval. He struggled, attempting to reach the figures, but was met with black, rope-like restraints pulling his back, in the opposite direction.

Bakugo dug his heels into the ground, trying to stay, trying to reconnect with the eight figures. His struggles where in vain, as he was dragged into the mist where the others had disappeared to.

~~~~~~~~~~
A faint sound of a heart beat rang in Bakugos ears. Clenching his fists, he opened his eyes, groggily, and winced at the bright light. He was in a room, pasted with white, with a dull green strip running through the base of the room. He was lying on a hospital bed, barriers still up, with one leg raised by a pillow. He was connected to machines that whirled and an IV fluid that connected to his wrist that wasn't layered in bandages.

Bakugo had no strength to lift himself up into a sitting position, so he lay, his head sinking into the pillow. He craned his neck to see a button labelled "Ring for Hospital staff'. With a decent amount of struggle, he managed to hoist himself up enough to press the button, which let out a buzzing sound. He allowed his arm to fall back down, along with his head which felt heavier than before.

Before long, a nurse entered the room quickly, bursting the door open, and staring at him wide eyed. Bakugo made eye contact with her, tilting his head ever so slightly in perplexity. The nurse stuck her head out the door, yelling for the doctor to come to the room, before approaching Bakugo. "Hello Mr. Bakugo. I'm Charlotte. I've been taking care of you."

"Cut the 'Mr' crap. Jesus, what the hell happened?"

As she began to talk, the doctor walked in, calmly, grasping a clipboard of sorts. "You were involved in a villian attack after you where kidnapped. You sustained various injuries."

Bakugo shifted, trying again to push himself up. This time the doctor intervened, turning to the nurse. "Notify his parents and the school."

"Right."

The nurse left swiftly as the doctor sat down on a chair near Bakugo. "Please don't try and sit up. The scars from you surgery haven't completely healed."

"Surgery...?"

"You sustained many broken and fractured ribs and bones." The doctor took an X-ray photo from his clipboard and held it up to Bakugo. His bones looked like they had been destroyed, smashed into small bits of confetti. His leg wasn't as bad, with one break on the ankle, which compared to his disintegrated hand bones, was the best possible news.