Chapter 16: The Nomu experiments

The slight clicks of Izuku's shoes echoed through the corridor, as he was lead down winding pathways and levels. According to Kurogiri, these 'Nomu' where stored with All for One, wherever he was. However the actual experimentions and testing was in a laboratory far outside the cities border. This specific lab was a cover up, with the outside suggesting a more medical research facility rather that a villian run organisation. Giran had alot of connections with government officials and corrupt law enforcement, so keeping this place of the radar was relatively easy.

Kurogiri seemed to make no noise, rather he simply seemed to glide through the corridor, his mist masking most of his body. Izuku strutted alongside, red eyes reflecting of the glossy varnish the tiles on the wall had. Kurogiri mentioned how many corrupt researchers worked here, or researchers who had strange obsessions with quirk activity, which was useful to the league's goals. As for the participants of the research  it was mainly death row prisoners or oppressive individuals such as bullies. Mainly people who dont benefit society.

Before being lead by Kurogiri, Izuku was shown one of the holding cells, which contained the participants. In each cell was around 6 people, each with their own bed which were separated into 3 sets of bunk beds. The cells were musty and grey, with an odd scent permeating through the room.

The people in those cells would stay there up to around 2 weeks before the experiments. Some people begged Izuku to release them, others stared in to space, their expressions dulled. Izuku paid them no mind, rather he kept walking and asking Kurogiri questions.

As they reached the end of the corridor, Kurogiri turned round to Izuku. "This is one of the experiments they perform. I'm showing you as you may need to participate as a researcher at some point, if we don't need you to get information."

"That's news to me"

Kurogiri opened the double doors which lead to a medical standard room. There were needles, scales and tweezers on a metal table which were in front of a chair which held a young man, maybe in his 20's strapped down. In front of him was a masked doctor, holding a needle in hand.

"They are attempting to concentrate the DNA which is correlated with the development of quirks into a liquid form. They are now trying to inject this formula into someone to see what happens." Kurogiri said quietly, as to not disturb the researcher.

The doctor took the mans arm and put the needle in, injecting the contents into his body. The man winced slightly, eyes watering as he looked at Izuku with desperation. After a few minutes, the mans head fell, his eyes rolling into the back of the head. Seconds later, the heart monitor flatlined.

The researcher sighed, turning of the heart monitor and releasing the man. He had various red spots over his arm, where he was initially injected with the serum. "Seems his body rejected the injection quite quickly. Shame really" Izuku muttered to himself. Kurogiri nudged him slightly, calling him to follow him out he room.

"Hey Kurogiri, why are you testing this anyway?"

"It allows us to create soldiers perfectly designed to beat top heroes. It also allows us to learn more about quirks. The research isnt progressing how we would like though. Many experiments end up as failures."

"Maybe adjust the concentration?"

"We tried that, it only took longer for the heart to fail"

"I see..."

"Come." Kurogiri opened a portal, presumably back to the bar "That's all I needed to show you. Theres something else we need to talk about."

~~~~
Both Izuku and kurogiri were sat at the bar, a large blue folder in from of them.