Epilogue

"Now, to announce the placement of this year's top heroes!"

A cheer erupted from the audience, a cacophony of names being screamed onto the stage. Spotlights flew across the crowd, then landing on the announcer.

"At number 5, we have the long reigning top placer, Best Jeanist!"

A cheer again arose as best Jeanist made his way to the stage. Bakugo sat idly on one of the chairs, pulling at the tie around his neck. Even if Kirishima and Mina said the event was formal, he wasn't exactly keen on the idea of having to wear a tie. He chuckled slightly as Best Jeanist gave his glamorous speech.

It had been seven years since he defeated All for One. It wasn't exactly a surprise when he was asked to go to the ceremony, despite being a hero for about four years. He graduated a year later than otherwise would have, considering the fact that much of Masutafu had been destroyed on the first day.

Speaking of the war, it had never officially ended. No side surrendered, although it was nowhere near the scale of the first day. It was more like a few attacks a month. He hadn't really seen Izuku that much either.

"At number 4, we have the incredible bunny hero Mirko!"

Another standardized cheer exploded as the bunny hero bounded up the stairs with confidence. Bakugo leant on his hand, staring at the stage with nostalgia.

He had waited years to be at this event, where he would be crowned number 1. But, now that he was in the auditorium, it was bittersweet in a sense. After all, it wasnt just him that dreamt of being number 1.

Him and Izuku were twenty three. It was very strange to think of the days when they had been just small children, playing around the playground with energy that made the adults jealous. But, now they were those adults.

He had already made a name for himself into the hero world, after helping defeat All for One at the age of 16. Him and his class where hailed as the saviours of Japan. It was also interesting that all apart from Denki carried on being heroes.

Kaminari went to a mental health institution and seemed to be making good progress, especially with regular visits from Jirou. Momo had also been seeing a councillor after everything that happened with Izuku. All of the class had been affected in some way, but kept going onwards reaching for their dreams.

"At number three, we have Eraserhead, who has recently returned from his leave!"

Aizawa walked up the stairs, took the award and went back down without a word, aside from a small nod to Bakugo. Aizawa hadn't been dealing with Mic's death well, especially considering the circumstances surrounding them. However, when he returned, he was responsible for the take down of many, many villain groups. Bakugo suspected it was a form of atonement, but since he quit being a teacher, he hadn't heard much from him.

"Well then...At number two, we have Hawks!"

A man with a magnificent set of wings ascended the stairs with motivation. Bakugo fiddled with his sleeves slightly. He knew that he came to do a speech to the heroes, but he wasn't exactly sure what to say. "Hey, I'm the guy that made the guy you hate become the person he his." He whispered with a small chuckle. "Nah."

As Hawks finished his speech, he walked down the stairs with conviction with a nod to Endeavour. Bakugo rolled his eyes, fully aware of what that man did to Todoroki, who was at the anniversary party. After all, it was this day that they defeated All for One. But, Bakugo had to attend this shitty party. He leant against his other hand with a huff, wanting to be with his old classmates.