Chapter 23: I'm sorry

All Might practically flew through the doors of the USJ. He stood at the top of the stairs leading down to the centre of the facility. His face was displaying a emotion of pure anger and disgust. All the students looked up, small smiles erupting onto all their faces. Aizawa walked up behind him, badly injured from his fight with the villian fodder. All Might stared at Shigaraki and Kurogiri. Izuku was behind them, invisible to All Might.

But he was visible to Izuku.

Disdain and anger fluctuated between eachother as Izuku stared at All Might. He remembered how he treated him like a nuisance and pushed him away when he needed it.

No way in hell was that going to happen again.

All Might leaped high into the air, landing about 20 feet away from Shigaraki, whose smile was slightly visible from the edges of the hand that was over his face, the corners of his lips peeking out from the side of the hand.

Izuku gripped his mask, adding pressure to an existing crack, furthering it until it reached the eye holes, creating a line from bottom to the eyes. Izuku didn't pay attention to this however. He just payed attention to his breathing, making sure he wouldn't lose his temper again.

All Might spoke, his loud, obnoxious voice sounding out. "Are you students alright?"

"Y-yes All Might."

All Might noticed the hesitancy in their eyes as they spoke, something clouding their trust of All Might.

"Do not fear students! I will protect you!" All Might attempted to use his words to comfort the students, as if implying to them that they need to escape. The students, still, looked at All Might, all seemingly unsure. "Are you okay? What happened?"

Shigaraki laughed, a quick chuckle escaping the confines of the hand. "What is so funny?" All Might bellowed at the villian. His concern for his students was ever growing. Did this villian do something to cloud their judgement?

He wasn't exactly wrong.

It just wasn't Shigaraki who did.

Shigaraki turned to All Might and swirled his head to look behind himself. "This." With that Shigaraki turned to the side, revealing a small boy staring at him. All Mights eyes widened. Yes, his appearance had changed. Yes, his eyes were more cold and stoic. Yet, All Might knew. He knew who he was. The freckles, the short stature and the notebook at his side.

This boy was Izuku Midoriya.

The boy he failed to save.

~~~~~~~~

Izuku relished the look on All Mights face. He looked shocked, to say the least. Shocked and guilty. He recognised him, there was no denying that.

Izuku couldn't speak, he just stared daggers towards All Might. His burning gaze attacked All Might, releasing the burning hatred he harboured for the man. He was lying to everyone. He was no hero. He was a weak man who left it up to others to make the first move, then sweep in and take all the glory. That was all he was.

Pathetic.

"I-Izuku Midoriya...? That's you isn't it..?"
All Might stuttered on his words, the realisation settling in to his mind as he recounted what he did. What he had done.

"No, I'm your fairy-fucking-godmother. Who else would I be?!" Izuku retorted, his sarcastic remark portraying to All Might his lack of fuse when it came his 'heroic' antics.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Oh I don't know. Maybe I joined a villian league and became a self fulfilling profecy?! After all, you're the one who treated me like one! Isnt that right, Hero?"