Chapter 45: I'll never forgive you

Izuku was slightly taken aback. This, proposal that Overhaul had suggested wasn't exactly what he was expecting. However, with a league as large and influential as his, it was obvious that people would have an eye out for it.

Here's the thing. Izuku only left the league to people that were mentally competent enough to keep a dignified atmosphere in charge. Chisaki did not have this quality. For proof, he had brung a cold, scared child to a meeting about war and drugs. It was obvious by his outward motions and appearance that he would not be suitable to run an organisation like his. A small Yakuza group maybe, but an entire criminal empire?

Nope.

However, Izuku decided to play on long. "I see. Why is it that you want co-ownership of the league?"

Overhaul raised a hand slightly, shrugging his shoulders slightly. "If you couldn't tell already, we don't have the best facilities. We also don't have enough materials and resources."

"Okay, but I can simply give those to you. Why is it you want to lead the league?"

"Having your name on an influential organisation would reap many benefits. People would know who I am and what I stand for, and they will come to understand the kind of force we represent."

Izuku slammed a hand on the metal table, causing Eri to visibly jump in her seat. Toga looked at Izuku with a confused look as he brushed her off, regaining his composure, though leaving his hand plastered on the desk. "I think you have the wrong idea about my organisation."

Overhaul frowned, leaning an arm vertically on the desk and resting his head on said arm. "Really? Do tell."

Izuku leaned forward, eyes matching with Overhaul. "The league of Villians goal isn't to frighten people. We don't commit mass genocide or senseless crimes. We stand to bring down the hero society as a whole. If I give you co-ownership of the league, it also means changing the core principles of my league and everyone inside of it."

Izuku leaned back, draping an arm across the back of the chair. "We represent a salvation for people who are rejected by heroes, and offer them a path to were they can survive happily. You simply want to hurt and destroy people for your own personal benefit."

Overhaul tutted, shaking his finger back and forth.. "That is where you are wrong, Midoriya."

"Oh really? Explain to me how I am wrong."

"I do not believe in mass destruction. See, my belief fall more heavily on quirks."

"Quirks?"

"Quirks are a disease. A parasite that leeches onto people and changes them. You heard the theories right? About how quirks came to be?"

Izuku looked at Toga, who was trying to get Eri's attention and failing miserably. "About how it was mice who carried a pathogen?"

"Correct. Exactly like the black plague in England hundreds of years ago. A vile bacteria that killed hundreds and thousands has reared its head again. Mutating our bodies to become weapons of mass destruction."

"You're delusional."

"Excuse me?!"

"If you hate quirks, why is it you use yours on a child?"

Izuku looked at Eri, who was playing with the bandages on her arms. She was nervous, unable to look at any of the people in the room. Chisaki was stunned, unable to talk. "That's how you make the drugs right? "

"H-how did you-"

"Since the start of this meeting, I found it quite odd that you brought a child to a meeting such as this. When you talked about the drugs, Eri tensed up. In fact, she has been quite tense ever since we've been here. I knew something was going on involving her. Otherwise, why would she be here in the first place?"