Chapter 32: Dissociative Amnesia

Mitsuki stared at Inko, who was smiling sweetly towards the two, albeit with a confused glare etched into her eyes. The couple looked at each other, horror and astonishment layered and transferred to eachother.

Inko looked genuinely bewildered, placing down the box she held, and walked over to the two, an eyebrow raised. "Hey, are you okay? Do...you want some tea or...?"

"What do you mean? Your child!"

"Is this some kind of joke? I don't have a kid."

"W-what about his room over there?!"

Mitsuki pointed to Izukus room desperately. Inko turned, chuckled awkwardly and said, "That's where Katsuki used to stay when I babysat him. I was going to re-decorate it considering he's older now but, I have no reason to. Considering I live here alone, I don't have a lot of stuff."

"But you don't! You have a kid called Izuku who's been with you for years!."

"If I do, where is he? I haven't had a child stay here in ages."

"I...he ran away a few months ago."

Inko chuckled, her hand on her hip. She had lost quite a bit of weight, giving her a more curved body. "Very funny. Surely you could come up with a better story than that."

"What about on the news?! Izuku was with the big villian that took out All Might."

"Wait you mean that kid villian? He looks nothing like me or Hisashi. He has black hair and red eyes. Neither of us have that. Plus, neither of us have a quirk like his. His levitation power was exponentially greater than mine."

Mitsuki turned to Masaru, in hope of some kind of support. Masaru turned to the photo albums on her desk. "What about those? The pictures of that kid?"

"Oh that? If I remember rightly, that Hisashi's nephew. We don't see him much which is why all those pictures are ones of him as a toddler."

"B-but-"

"Look Mitsuki, I have some packing to do. This joke isn't funny and if there is nothing else you need, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Inko-"

"Let's go, Mitsuki."

"What?"

"I need to talk to you."

Mitsuki stole one last look over her shoulder as her husband grasped her hand and lead her away gently. She was humming and waving at them.

As they left the apartment, Inko sighed.

"What was that about?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku allowed his head to rest softly on the desk. He aimlessly played with the pencil on his desk in boredom. Many of his tasks involved a lot of paperwork, which wasn't to bad when it didn't date back years ago...Neither All for One or Shigaraki seemed like the type to enjoy this kind of thing.

The door suddenly burst open at a speed where the wood nearly flew of its hinges. Izuku didn't even need to look up, only raising a hand in a mock wave. "Hey Toga."

"Heya, Izuku!"

Izuku raised his head, one eyebrow cocked upwards. "Izuku...?"

"That's not your name?! HAVE YOU BEEN LYING TO M-"

"Nonono, it's just that you usually call me Deku."

"Ohhh. You said you didn't like it. I didn't want to offend you."

Leaning back in his chair, Izuku sighed. "Look Toga, I told you th-"

"Also I wanted to call you by your first name too!"