Chapter 24: Toga

It had been a while since the USJ incident. The schools reputation had depleted to say the least, and with the attack in Hosu city, faith in heroes had also decreased. Many believed they were incapable of preventing crime.

Though the hero killer, dubbed as 'stain' by the public, had been caught and arrested by Endeavour. Though, that was complete bullshit. The hero killer had been caught by three students from UA, Iida, who had been seeking revenge for his brother's downfall, Todoroki, who heard yells coming from the alley and came to investigate and Yaoyorozu who had been sent to Hosu to help the civilians and had split up with her partner Kendo after Todoroki sent out his location.

However, the recognition went to Endeavour, who wasn't even present for the capture of Stain. That self-assured asshole, who was more bitchy than Bakugo if you can believe it. Needless to say, Izuku was not surprised. Many of his associates in Hosu reported back to Izuku, allowing him to get a better picture of what occurred.

One hero took all the glory.

Sound familiar?

Izuku leaned back, coffee in hand and looked over his notes. He was writing about the students in the UA sports festival as there was a lot to write down and not a lot of time to do it. He wanted to use it to create strategies against their quirks, per All for Ones request.

"Oi, Deku. They will be here in a minute."

"Hmm? Oh yeah. I'll be done in a sec."

Finishing up his notes on Tokoyami, noting his weakness to fire and light, he closed his book and turned to Shigaraki, who was sat on the sofa, messing with one of his hands.

"So who's coming?"

"Three people, according to Giran. They are supposed to be good fits for the main branch so chances are, they will be staying here. He said more would come later."

"'Kay."

With that an rough knock sounded on the door. Kurogiri got out from the bar and walked over to it, opening it only to be nearly flattened by a eccentric young girl bouncing in.

"WHERE IS GENOCIDER?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~
Bakugo shot up from his bed, a cold sweat appearing on his forehead. He gripped his head slightly, pulling on his hair trying to redirect his pain away from his lungs. Breathing heavily he looked over at the clock. 3:58am. Bakugo sighed, flopping back onto his bed with a loud, exasperated grunt. These nightmares were really starting to piss him off.

It was a month ago when he last saw Izuku. At the USJ, during the attack, he had stabbed him in the shoulder which wasn't exactly helping his skewed thoughts on Izuku. Since then, news stations shifted their opinion on Izuku, from a distressing case of a child abduction to a more distressing case about a serial killer who was to be avoided at all costs.

Not that it changed anything.

Since the USJ attack, 'Genocider' had attacked 10 more heroes, killing all but one. The one that survived had a quirk that allowed him to heal his own wounds, at the cost of a lot of energy being used. But his quirk couldn't repair nerves, leaving him permanently paralyzed from the chest down following a stab wound to the back.

Since the hero killer was captured, hero death rate did decrease, at the cost of the people following in his beliefs, causing petty crimes to skyrocket.

Bakugo got out of bed and looked over his suitcase, packed ready to go to the hero training camp in a few days. He was looking forward to it. It would give him the opportunity to make his quirk even more powerful.

However, he wasn't looking forward to spending time with his classmates.

Since the USJ incident, he had to explain to his classmates about what he did to Izuku. Leaving out more of the brutal details wasn't enough for the class to not to be shocked, some even disgusted by his actions. They knew he wasn't exactly the best person but after this, they didn't really know what to think.