Chapter 39: Alive and walking

Bakugo was about to be discharged, with a few minor scratches and a prescription for pain killers. He was some difficulties walking, due to the various blows to the back and weakness in his muscles. It had been about a week since he had woken up, and he usually had a group of regular visitors everyday. On that day in particular, Todoroki, Uraraka and Mina were there, all chatting about whimsical things. It created a sense of normalcy for the students, which they hadn't had for a very long time.

Todoroki helped Bakugo stand initially, before the blonde pushed him away, assuring them he could stand by himself. Though shaky, he had regained his balance and his mind began to clear ever so slightly.  He could remember bits and pieces of his fight, but not enough to draw a conclusive timeline.

"Hey Bakugo!" Bakugo turned to Mina, who was sat on his bed. "What's your favourite food?"

"What's that got to do with anything?"

"I'm trying to break this awkward atmosphere, answer the question."

"I guess anything spicy?"

"Wow, that's completely unexpected."

"Shut up, raccoon eyes."

Uraraka chuckled, sitting next to Mina with her legs swinging slightly. "What about you?"

"I guess sweets...If I had to pick, I'd say bubblegum."

"WoW tHaT's CoMpLeTeLy UnExPeCtEd."

"Thanks Bakuhoe..."

"Did you just-"

Uraraka exploded into laughter, with Todoroki smirking behind him. Mina grinned widely, patting Uraraka on the head. Bakugo smiled slightly, a slight scoff escaping from behind his teeth.

"Katsuki Bakugo? Are you ready for discharge?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going."

The two girls stood back up, with Uraraka wiping a few escaped tears from his eyes. Todoroki lead the way out, following the nurse who took them to the entrance.

"Ok Bakugo, don't forget to take your medicine at regular intervals. And please be careful."

"I will. Thanks."

As the nurse left, Bakugo turned back to the three who stared at him wide eyed. "Umm, what?"

"You thanked someone." Mina said, mouth exaggeratedly open. Uraraka snorted as Bakugo charged at Mina. "The fucks that supposed to mean?!"

"N-nothing! I thought you were more of an 'edgy' Bakugo."

"Shut up..."

"Come on, let's head back to the dorms. Sato said he would make a cake for you."

"He said what?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"IZUKU!"

Toga hugged Izuku tightly, causing him to wince slightly. His vision was still unclear, and he was in quite bad pain. Like a stinging sensation layered itself across his body. He seemed to be in a infirmary ward. Though blurry, curtains, beds and trolleys containing medical equipment were everywhere, and that's not even including the groans and swearing that occasionally sounded.

Compress walked into the room, quite quickly, clipboard in hand. Though his head was bowed, Izuku was clearly awake. He was sat up, and was moving his fingers slightly. Compress sighed in relief, walking over to the bedside, crouching down beside it to look at Izuku's face.

His eyes widened as he saw his eyes. They were narrowed and hidden by his hair, but it was impossible to not see the green hue that eminated from them. "Izuku, could you raise your head for me?"