Thunderstruck?

It started as a normal day, Jungkook at home while Taehyung was at work. Except, Jungkook had homework, tons of homework.

And there was another problem, he saw on the news that it was supposed to storm. And Jungkook hates storms too, they terrified him. But, he would never tell Taehyung that.

Although, they have been dating for eight months, Jungkook has just barely managed to hide it, but this one today, was supposedly supposed to be big.

Jungkook sat in the kitchen with his head in his hands. "I can't call Tae, you can't call Tae, You will not call Tae." He mumbled to himself, but honestly, his anxiety was at a peak.

He had absolutely no idea what to do, or what to think. His heart was racing a mile a minute, and nobody was home except Yeontan.

He peaked his head through the window and his face went a colour of pale, and his stomach lurched.

The storm was approaching way quicker than he anticipated, and he needed to distract himself or do something. Because he was going to panic, and that wouldn't be good.

'You need to call Taehyung, he will help you' Jungkook's mind pressed against him but Jungkook shook his head "He'll laugh at me." He mumbles, tearing up just a bit.

'No, no you will not cry' he thought to himself as he wiped his eyes, his breathing getting shakier.

He slowly picked his phone and looked at the new message he got from Tae.

'I'll be home a little earlier today since I worked overtime last week, see you soon! I love you!! <3  - TaeTae < 1:48 Pm >

Okay okay, maybe Jungkook could work with that, but he knew he wouldn't be home before the storm. If Taehyung got home early, that would be around 2:30, and currently, it was now 1:50.

"Shit, shit, shit.." he mumbles, trying to calm himself, but it wasn't happening.

The was the last thing he said before he heard a loud boom outside, and he freaked.

His mind was a lost land as he stood, hearing the rain starting to pour outside. He stumbled but was getting dizzy at how hard he was breathing.

'You need to calm down, Jungkook' he mumbles, but that seemed impossible as he saw lightening from the window.

"No..no..n-no.." he says to himself, stumbling into his and Taehyung's room, falling to his knees right in front of the bed as another boom of thunder made its way into Jungkook's ears.

One thing was right though, Jungkook could not breathe.

He felt the tears in his eyes, but this time he couldn't stop them. He was starting to full-on sob.

"M-Make it s-stop.." he says to nothing except Yeontan who was barking, currently next to Jungkook.

Jungkook felt sick to his stomach as he continued to sob into his hands, his whole body shaking, at this point, he really couldn't breathe.

He felt like he was going to die, and thunder, lightening, and rain were making it impossible to stay calm.

He knew one thing though.

He should've called Tae, but he was stupid enough to not.

"T-Tae..Tae..Tae.." He almost yells but he was coughing now, his heart racing in and out of his chest.

He thought maybe he could last, just a little longer, but that's when another loud boom was heard, way, way louder than the others. And just like that, the power was out.

Jungkook compelled himself not to scream. His crying only got louder as he started to claw at his hair, he needed Taehyung, no questions asked.

Only then did he hear the door open and small to his ears, heard someone calling his name out.

Taehyung had just opened the door, putting his stuff down. He sighed, noticing there was no power but he looked around.

"Jungkook?" He called out, tilting his head.

Usually, Jungkook would come right to him when he got home, but something was different.

He heard a faint muffled sound and Yeontan barking, so he slowly walked towards their room but then saw Jungkook.

"Kookie?!" He yelled, quickly walking over to him. "Hey..Hey, baby what's wrong? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" His talking was slow and calm as he pulled Jungkook into a hug. He had seen Jungkook have panic attacks before, but not as bad as this one.

Jungkook shook his head and only started to cry more once he heard more thunder, his body flinching.

Taehyung must've noticed because he pulled Jungkook closer "Shh..Baby boy I'm right here..It's not going to hurt you.." He whispers softly into the others ear. "Breathe with me Kookie..1..2..3..Yes just like that baby." He ran his hands though his hair gently. It hurt to see Jungkook like this.

Jungkook's breathing was starting to sound okay again as he coughs, sniffling softly. He couldn't stop crying but it didn't feel as if his chest was constricted anymore.

Taehyung slowly moves and picks Jungkook up, whispering things like "I'm right here,", "You're Okay,", "I've got you,", "I love you.".

Jungkook would've almost felt embarrassed because Taehyung was basically rocking him gently as he held him, but he didn't care much as he slowly stopped crying, listening to Taehyung.

Taehyung kissed Jungkook's cheek softly "Are you okay Baby?" He whispered, sitting down on the bed.

Jungkook coughs, sniffling as he tiredly looked at him, nodding slowly. Although the storm was still going on, Taehyung made him feel safe.

Taehyung paused "Was it the storm Kookie?" He said softly, noticing the way Jungkook's eyes teared up again as he said that. "Wait, no baby don't cry, don't cry I'm sorry!" He says hurriedly.

Jungkook shook his head and then laid it on Taehyung's shoulder "I'm sorry..I-I thought you w-would make fun of m-me because I'm s-scared of storms-s.." he mutters out, all his energy seeming to be gone.

Taehyung paused "Oh..Kookie everybody's afraid of something, I would never make fun of you for being afraid of storms..I'm sorry I wasn't here. I would've been home so much earlier for you." He says, seeing the way Jungkook was close to passing out from exhaustion.

Jungkook looks at him "It's okay..I should've told you." He says but then sniffles "Thank you TaeTae..for helping me."

Taehyung smiled "That's what boyfriend's are for and plus, I would do anything to help my baby."

Jungkook blushed faintly but then looked at him, kissing him gently.

Taehyung immediately kissed back and rubbed Jungkook's back gently, pulling him closer.

After a bit, Jungkook pulled away, blushing from what he had just did but he then hugged Taehyung tightly, yawning softly.

Taehyung gently laid down with Jungkook, almost afraid to let him go as he then laid the blanket down on them. He held Jungkook protectively as he then kissed his head gently.

"I love you Kookie~" He said, pulling him closer.

"I-I love you too Hyungie~" he said, falling asleep almost right after.

Taehyung smiled at the sight "I'll do anything to protect you baby." He paused "And that's a promise."