Nightmare 1: A Fiery Scene

He was running. There was fire everywhere.

"Aziraphale!" He screamed, "Angel? Where are you?!"

He barreled past burning shelves, beloved books once held with such love by their angel, perishing in the fire.

"Aziraphale!!" Crowley choked on the smoke. The deeper he went in the thicker the smoke.

The demon had a sinking feeling in his stomach.

"Where the bloody hell are you!" He called out again.

Something cracked and began to fall. Crowley dove deeper into the aisle to avoid the aflame wooden beam from crushing him. He looked around from his place on the floor.

"Angel?" He cried brokenly.

Out of the smoke a figure could be seen laying only a few feet away.

The demon scrambled forward through the burning debris toward it. Azirapale laid there blue eyes blown wide as the demon came into view. He had a gash across his abdomen and Crowley could feel the angels grace escaping. That only meant one thing for an angel, certain death.

"No..." He choked on a sob.

Azirapale tried to smile, which looked more like a grimace, and grasped at the demon, "My dear."

"No."

"Crowley..."

"No!"

The demon looked at the angel dying in front of him. He couldn't. They had been together 6,000 years Aziraphale couldn't just die. Yet, there he was grace burning the demons skin more than the fire that surrounded them.

Tears were flowing down his face as he gazed horrified at this spectacle, tears were falling from the angel's eyes as well.

"You're going to be okay." Crowley whispered holding the angel close, laying the perfect curls in his lap.

"We both know that's not true, I thought you said you'd never lie to me?" Aziraphale attempted a joke before curling into a coughing fit, grace seeping out.

"Aziraphale..." Crowley stroked his angels face, "Please, don't."

The angel took a few ragged breaths looking up at the demon lovingly, "I can't."

Crowley tried to hold it together for the dying angel but he just couldn't. "You can't leave! Not after everything..."

Azirapale placed a shaky hand on the demons cheek wiping away tears.

"Crowley... go."

"What?" The demon clutched the angel closer.

"When angels die... they-" Aziraphale coughed some more.

"I know what happens. I'm not leaving you."

The angel looked up pleading, crying even more, "Please."

"No."

The angels eyes drifted away from the demon, breath shallower.

"Aziraphale, look at me!" Crowley sobbed, his throat was sore and his fingers hurt from gripping his angel so tight, but he didn't care. "Angel, I-"

There was a blast of light.