f i v e

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 5: ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 5:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"hey are you okay?" jihyun looked up to see san offering his hand to help her up. she hesistantly grabbed his hand and got up. "i uh– i'm fine. t-thank you."

"no problem," she heard him chuckle and she wondered if that was what people would hear at the gates of heaven. "i'm sorry if you didn't want me to hear you singing earlier. i needed to talk to you and i saw you come in here so... you have a nice voice, by the way." he complimented. she looked down, feeling her cheeks heat up as he talked ever so softly.

"so i approached you earlier because i wanted to ask about our history assignment. i wanted to ask you if it was fine that we do it at your house? is that okay?" he asked. jihyun only nodded, too shy to respond with words. what has gotten into you, jihyun? chill, it's just a boy. you're never like this. stop making it obvious.

"did you hear what i said?" his voice snapped her back into reality. "s-sorry, what is it?" she scratched her head sheepishly, embarrassed to be caught. he chuckled once again, not knowing that he's causing so much butterflies in jihyun's stomach.

"i asked if it was fine that we exchange numbers so that it's easier to communicate whenever." she then nodded understandingly before pulling out her phone from her pocket and giving it to san. he did the same and it was a silent five seconds as they typed their phone numbers in each others phones.

"i'll text you soon, okay? we have three weeks to complete this so i don't think we're gonna need to rush. see you around, jihyun!" san smiled and gave her a little wave before exiting the music room.

jihyun let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. did that really just happen?