s i x t y - o n e

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 61:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 61:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"noona, you look amazing!" daehwi spins jihyun's chair around to make her face the mirror and her jaw drops at the person she's seeing. she's never seen herself like this before.

sure, she'd put on makeup for the school dance she attended with the boys last year but since she was inexperienced with makeup, she had only put on mascara and lipgloss. this was a whole new look for her.

her hair, too, had been styled by woong who said he'd help since his sister was a hair stylist and apparently he knows a thing or two about styling hair.

"guys, this is amazing! how did you manage to make me look so beautiful?" she exclaims in excitement, ignoring the fact that she had just willingly praised herself.

"jihyun, you were already beautiful to start with. we just gave a few touches here and there and voila!" woong grins at the girl. she then stands up and gives them both a hug. "thank you so much, guys."

"no problem, noona. now let's get you downstairs so you can wow the rest." the younger boy tugs her arm and she has trouble keeping up with his pace since she was in heels. woong follows behind them, snickering whenever he sees jihyun about to trip due to the heels.

daehwi guides her down the stairs gently, watching out for her foot to prevent her from tripping though he already has a tight grip on her arm. she reaches the bottom of the stairs safely, seeing four boys screaming their heads off at the playstation area.

the first one to look up was her own brother and his hands that were on the controller froze, donghyun nudging him on the side screaming something about how he'll lose if he doesn't move. "jiji, you look..amazing." he smiles up at her, almost tearing up at how gorgeous his sister looks.

she was wearing a beautiful lace knee-length maroon dress that her parents had got for her before they left to italy, knowing that her graduation prom was soon after they left. woong had gotten her hair in curls with a part of it in a side fishtail braid and daehwi had put on full makeup for her.

the rest of the boys–youngmin, donghyun and woojin– snaps their head towards the direction seonghwa is looking and they are met with a shy looking jihyun fiddling with the hem of her dress.

"we turned a beauty into a princess!" daehwi exclaims, showing off his and woong's work to the rest of the boys. "you morons said you were coming over to help her prepare but look who ended up doing everything while you guys played video games all evening," daehwi rolls his eyes at the group of boys who were all now standing up in front of him, woong and jihyun.

"well, i didn't have anything i could help with so.." youngmin trails off, awkwardly scratching his nape. "same with us. but woah, jihyun you look great." woojin looks at her as if he's star struck, unable to tear his gaze away from the girl. the girl shyly thanks him, looking down as she could feel everyone's gazes on her.

when she lifts her head up, she was met with donghyun in front of her, throwing her winky faces and wiggling eyebrows. before he knew it, seonghwa had planted his palm on his face, pushing it away from jihyun. "shut your face and get away from my sister, you weirdo."

donghyun stands back up on his two feet, pouting at youngmin to get him to scold seonghwa for what he did but youngmin does the same, pushing his face away with a palm, causing donghyun to groan, raising his arms up as if surrendering.

"jiji's taken so you losers better not be making moves on her." seonghwa warns, specifically looking at woojin and donghyun.

the two boys noisily tried to defend themselves, woojin saying something about about how neither of them could dare make a move on someone who was taken, all while donghyun makes finger hearts at the girl, causing her to burst out laughing at the chaotic situation.

"alright, alright, calm down, everyone. now, ji, shouldn't you be making your way to school now?" youngmin asks his cousin as they all sat down on the couch.

"san said he'll pick me up at 6.30 and there's still about fifteen minutes until then so i guess i'm just gonna chill first, i guess." she shrugs, about to lean back on the couch before woong pushes her back in front.

"no leaning, young lady. your dress will wrinkle and your hair will be ruined." he raises both his eyebrows at the younger girl. jihyun groans, wanting nothing but to just lean back against the couch for a minute or two.

"oh, relax. it'll only be for a few hours. this is your perfect night and you've got to look perfect for it okay, sweetheart?" jihyun sighs, giving in to woong's wishes. "you know, i'm starting to think this prom means more to you than to me."

"hey! i did your hair and i deserve to want to show it off, okay? though no one would know it was me who did it but at least let the people enjoy looking at a princess, alright?" woong retorts, clicking his tongue sassily.

jihyun chuckles at this, rolling her eyes playfully. she turns to look at her brother who was next to her, only to have him engulf her in a tight hug, woong slapping his arm telling him that he might ruin jihyun's hair and dress but he doesn't budge so the older gave up eventually.

"you've grown so well, jiji. since when did my dumb little sister become this gorgeous young lady?" he wipes a fake tear, looking at his little sister proudly.

she was about to give a response but the doorbell cut her off and she immediately stands up, woong and daehwi doing so too to fix her dress and hair.

youngmin gives her a quick kiss on the forehead, telling her to enjoy herself before settling back down on the couch with the rest of the boys.

seonghwa stands up, walking her to the door. he notices how she played with her fingernails and he stops walking, placing a hand on her shoulder, making her stop walking too. "relax, ji. it's just san, okay? you'll be fine."