t w e n t y - f o u r

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 24:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 24:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"hey, what's taking those two so long? what could yeosang have wanted to talk about that it had to be private?" seonghwa says, worried since the two had be gone for quite a while now.

"i don't know. maybe mingi's right. maybe he is making his move." jongho shrugs his shoulder, placing down his final card down and screaming "uno game!" so loud that it won't be surprising if the whole park had heard it.

and maybe the whole park did hear it. jihyun and yeosang, who were walking back to the rest of the group, laughed when they heard jongho's scream from the distance.

as they came closer, yunho notices the two, looking shy as their hands were intertwined. "hey you gu– oh!" he eyes their connected hands.

"i have news." yeosang announced. the boys looked at them expectantly, some with knowing smirks on their faces. "i finally got the courage to confess."

and the boys turned into wild animals once again. "so, jihyun, what did you say? are you guys together now?" hongjoong asks eagerly. "well.. she didn't say no but she didn't exactly say yes either."

-

her heart was beating so fast she thought it would leap out of her chest. her hands were shaking and sweaty, she couldn't hold back the happy smile on her face.

the boy, on the other hand, wasn't any different. he seemed confident but he felt like crumbling down right then and there.

he couldn't believe that he just built up the courage to confess to his crush. he was ecstatic yet nervous. the silence was killing him.

he didn't know what to feel at the moment. the girl was smiling so widely but why wasn't she saying anything?

"y– you like me?" she stutters out after a a while. he shyly nods, holding her hands. "well i– i like you too." she shyly admits, looking down.

he lifts her head up by the chin and looks at her in the eyes. "so what do you say? will you upgrade from my best friend and be my girlfriend?" he smiles at her, both hands holding hers.

"i would love to but..." yeosang's smile dropped, his grip on her hand loosening. "no! don't get your hopes down just yet!" she held onto his hands, preventing him from letting go.

"i was just gonna say that i might need to get my brother's approval first. you've gotten a yes from me, now you just have to convince my brother to say yes too." she smiles, letting go of one hand and keeping her grip on his other hand, dragging him back to where the other boys are.

-

"so now you just need my approval?" seonghwa questions, looking at his sister in amusement. "since when have you ever asked for my approval before having a boyfriend?"

"because it's yeosang this time and i don't know if you'd like me dating one of your best friends." she explained. "well, hyung? are you gonna let me date your sister?"

"depends. are you going to break her heart in the future?" seonghwa raises his eyebrows, eyeing yeosang.

"i promise to love her with all my heart. i will never mistreat her, i will never take her for granted. i will treat her right and i will provide her all the love and attention she deserves. that is, if you allow me to, hyung. if you don't think i deserve to be with her now, then i will try my best to prove you wrong until you accept me." he ends his speech.

the boys looked at him in admiration. never had they seen him this determined to get something. the last time they had seen him like this was when someone in their class had purposely framed wooyoung of cheating in an examination. he convinced the teacher that wooyoung was innocent and defended his best friend until it was finally proven.

he only acts this way when it's really important to him and anyone seeing could tell that jihyun was very, very important to him. the boys could tell he was genuine.

"yeo, it's not even that deep– okay." seonghwa answers, quickly grabbing his sandwich and taking a bite. "i'm sorry what?" hongjoong coughs, choking on his drink. seonghwa rolled his eyes.

"i said okay," the boys then cheered for yeosang and jihyun, the two just laughed at them. "but.. you need to keep to your words. if you hurt my sister, i'm going to hurt you. and i'm sure jongho here wouldn't hesitate to do the same." jongho immediately nodded his head, putting a protective arm in front of jihyun, as if shielding her from him.

"sir, yes sir!" yeosang pretended to salute to seonghwa, the older only chuckling before continuing to eat his sandwich.

"well, this is a great day! let's not forget to take some pictures!" jongho said, snatching jihyun's phone from her. when it comes to pictures, jongho would always steal jihyun's phone to use since she owns the latest model.

he goes over to a guy sitting close by and asks him to help them take a group picture. after a few clicks, the guy gives back the phone to jongho and jongho doesn't forget to thank him before he leaves.

"okay, i'll send you guys the pictures later." jihyun says, about to keep her phone before jongho snatches it once again. "why wait when you can send it now? we're all iphone users, remember? alright guys, turn on your airdrop." he tells them and they all comply, all already on their phones.

jongho clicks on all their respective names and waited for them to receive it. jihyun widens her eyes when she realises that san might just find out that she was the one sending him memes through airdrop every school morning. and she wasn't wrong.

an audible gasp was heard and she immediately looks up to san to find him staring right at her.

"so it was you this whole time?"