t h i r t y - n i n e

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 39:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 39:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"jesus fucking christ, we give him one chance and he blows that up. ji, don't even meet him after school. he's cancelled." mingi sassed, unnecessarily throwing a chip at jongho who managed to smack it away before it hits him. they were, as usual, hogging the music room, sitting in a circle on the floor. not that it mattered since no one ever comes in there during lunch or break time.

"i– i don't know guys.." she trails off. "i mean, i actually do want us to take a break, that's why i agreed to meet him later today; to tell him that. i wanted to be honest with him about everything and i hoped maybe we could stay friends. but i– i don't know guys. what do i do?" she looks troubled.

"drop him. i can't see you get hurt anymore, noona." jongho places a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder. "b– but, it was han mina. as much as i want to hate yeosang for all the hurtful things he said the other day, i don't trust han mina. and i know for sure yeosang isn't too fond of her either."

the boys, except for wooyoung, who witnessed the scene too, gave her unsure looks. "it really looked like it was all mina. it looked like she forced herself onto him. and the way yeo immediately wiped his lips? i– i think mina was the one who kissed him without his consent," she explains. "right, wooyoung? you saw that too, didn't you?" she asks the boy, exasperated. he immediately nods.

"yeah, i think he was yelling 'it's not what it looks like' or something like that. i'm not really sure since i was trying to catch up to you. girl, are you usain bolt's sister or what how did you even run that fast?" he gets off topic, thinking back to when he could barely catch up with the girl's speed.

jihyun smiles sheepishly, scratching the back of her head. "okay but are you still going to meet him later after school?" san asks, concerned. "don't worry san, i'll be fine." she smiles at him.

truth it, she was going to tell yeosang everything. she wanted to tell him that she'd feel like the worst person alive if she stayed with him when she had lingering feelings for someone else. she wanted her relationships to be consisted of trust between the two parties.

ever since their argument and the outburst he had in the classroom that day, she could never forget what he said. you think i'm stupid? you think i don't know you like my girlfriend?

that very statement played in her head like a broken record. she knew very well that she likes san but she still had feelings for yeosang. she didn't want to break things off with yeosang just so she could run off to san because she knew she was still confused between the two.

she hated herself for that. for having feelings for two people at the same time but she couldn't help it, the two were very important people to her. though one had hurt her a lot, she still cares for him nevertheless, and she knew he still does too. and the other, he's just the perfect guy for her.

but still, she decided that she was going to focus on her studies for the rest of the year. she didn't want to stress herself when she had more important things to focus on. she had told herself that if she still has feelings for either of them after their finals, then she'd think of what to do but as of now, she's going to keep studying hard so her parents wouldn't nag at her when they return.

"do you want us to come along? you know, for protection measures, just in case." yunho offers, flexing his biceps and kissing them. wooyoung smacks him in the back of his head, "don't be disgusting." jongho snorts at this, immediately going silent when yunho glares at him.

yunho pouts before looking at jihyun for her answer. "i– i think i'll be fine. you guys can go home without me." she says, drinking the last bit of her canned drink. "you think you can go home by yourself?" san asks her, once again, concern laced in his tone.

"yeah, of course. you're not my personal driver, san. you don't have send me home everyday." she chuckles, flicking san's forehead lightly. "i mean, you're my best friend. i don't want anything happening to you, you know?" he nudges her side. "pfft, best friend." wooyoung, who was seated next to san, snickered.

"hey! are we not your best friends too? do you not worry about us?" mingi complains, crossing his arms like a child. san rolls his eyes, "you guys are hooligans and if anything happens to you guys, it's because you deserve it."

jongho gasps dramatically, a hand on his chest. "you're mean. this is why my favourite among you guys is jihyun noona." he leans closer to her, resting his head on her shoulder. wooyoung pushes him back, causing the younger to fall back on the floor.

"what did we ever do to you? san's the only one acting this way! i buy you food all the time!" yunho exclaims, sulking because he was unsatisfied with jongho's confession, though it was something pretty obvious in everyone's eyes.

jongho sits back up from his lying down position and pretends to think. "hmm i don't know, maybe it's the fact that you guys bully me like this all the time! jihyun noona never does that to me, hence the reason why she's my favourite." he sticks out his tongue at them.

"we let you talk to us without honorifics, is that not enough for you?" mingi sighs dramatically. wow, this group is full of dramatic people. "nope, you guys still suck." the younger replies. the others, tired of his nonsense just ended up ignoring him for the rest of lunch in the music room, jongho not minding it one bit as he only talked to jihyun.