t h i r t y

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 30:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 30:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"so mina texted you to hang out with her gang? did you say no, though?" yeosang asks jihyun from the other end of the screen. the two have been facetiming each other for the past hour, talking about random things that come to mind.

"yeah, i finally said no. i told her that i knew they only hung out with me to make me pay for their things. and then she like acted surprised and denied. it kept going on until she finally broke and went like 'whatever park jihyun. i don't need your money. good that you know no one wants to be your friend. you're a loser anyways.' way to expose your fakeness ugh." jihyun scoffed as she remembered part of the conversation.

yeosang chuckles seeing his pissed off girlfriend go off. he was about to say something before a knock was heard from jihyun's door. the door opens and reveals one of the many house maids they have.

"young miss, madam told you to get yourself dressed up. you will be going out for dinner." the maid informs her before leaving her room. jihyun sighs, looking at her phone screen where she can see her boyfriend's face. "hey yeo, i gotta get ready. i'm having dinner with my parents." she says flatly.

"okay, baby. don't be so hung up on the past, yea? maybe they finally realised their mistakes and they're trying to make it up to you and seonghwa hyung. give them a chance, yea?" jihyun sighs once again before smiling at yeosang. "i'll try. thanks, yeo." the boy smiles back and the two wave at each other before they hang up.

jihyun groans as she lazily gets up from her bed. it has been a week since her parents returned and the siblings either just keep quiet when they're at home, go out on sibling dates or they just hang out with the gang. both of them didn't want to have much interactions with the two other people in the house who call themselves their parents.

she plays her favourite playlist before tossing her phone on the bed. she then goes to her walk in closet to decide on what to wear. knowing her parents, she was sure they had made reservations for a fancy restaurant. they were the type to be embarrassed if they weren't seen in fancy, expensive places.

she hears her room door open and she sticks her head out of her walk in closet and peeks at the person who entered. "honey, wear this please. i got it for you from italy." her mother leaves a light pink dress on her bed before leaving her daughter's room.

she walks to her bed to examine the dress. it was a sleeveless A line dress that stopped right at her knees and it was exactly her style. though she hated going out in dresses that seemed to be made only for formal events, she had no other choice. her parents were obsessed with their family looking perfect when they go out together.

for the next half hour, she gets herself ready and styles her own hair before picking out a pair of shoes that matches most with her dress.

she gets her wallet and phone and places them in a purse before leaving her room and carefully makes her way down the stairs to see her brother on the living room couch, watching something on his phone with a bored look. he was dressed in a smart casual attire, contrast to how he usually dresses; jeans and leather jackets.

he snickered when he sees his sister approaching. "why aren't you wearing your usual skinny jeans and hoodie?" jihyun rolls her eyes. "ha ha, very funny. you're no different from me. what happened to your 'bad boy' themed outfits?" she teases back.

"hey don't call them bad boy themed outfits. that sounds...weird." he cringes. jihyun sits down next to him as they wait for their parents to be ready. "come on, we all know mother and father are obsessed with us looking like a perfect family. they'd kill us if we dress like that when we're out with them." jihyun says and seonghwa nods in agreement.

"what do you think they want from us? why are they suddenly bringing us out for dinner? as far as i know, they're embarassed of us because we're not as well known as other rich kids. we don't go to well known private schools like those rich kids. we're an embarrassment to them for choosing to go to an arts school. they used to not even acknowledge our presence when they return. what could they have up their sleeves?" seonghwa lets out, weirded out by how different their parents are being.

jihyun thinks back to what yeosang told her when they were facetiming. maybe they finally realised their mistakes and they're trying to make it up to you and seonghwa hyung.

"i don't know. maybe they're just trying to make it up to us. you know, for the years of ignoring our existence. we are, after all, their own children. let's give them a chance this time. plus, they've finally accepted us being in an arts school so maybe that's a start." jihyun convinced her brother.

after a while, the married couple comes out of their room, formally dressed. the siblings immediately stand up. "let's go?" their mother says as she holds on to her husband's arm.

the couple walks towards the main door and a house maid opens it for them. the siblings awkwardly trail behind their parents. a car stops in front of them and their parents get in the back seat.

"seonghwa, you know where the restaurant is right? can you drive there with jihyun?" their mother questions when the window rolls down.

seonghwa scoffs. "yeah, whatever." he rolls his eyes and makes his way to his own car with jihyun following behind.

"i knew it. they still don't want to be seen with us. are they really that embarrassed of us? why can't father drive instead?" seonghwa huffs as he enters his car.

jihyun sits on the passenger seat and buckles her seatbelt. "calm down. maybe he just, doesn't drive anymore. let's not jump to conclusions just yet. if it's obvious that they're embarrassed of us, then we have all the right to be angry at them. for now, we just listen to them, okay?" she places a comforting hand on her brother's shoulder and he calms down, starting the engine of the car.