f i f t y - o n e

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 51:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 51:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"what do you mean you don't know where she is?! you're the only one in this house who knows where she's staying at, seonghwa!" mrs park exclaims after her son informs her of the distressing news.

"i don't know, mother! she's been staying at youngmin hyung's place but he called me saying that it's been hours since she told him she'd be back. i tried calling her but she's not answering! even her friends don't know where she is!" seonghwa cries out, equally exasperated.

"calm down. maybe she just wants some alone tim–"

"this is all your fault! you drove her away and now she's gone because of you!" seonghwa cuts off his father. "park seonghwa! how is this my fault in any way?!" mr park yells out.

"if you hadn't forced her to marry someone she didn't know, maybe she wouldn't have ran away from home! maybe then i'd still be able to fetch her from school and none of this would've happened!" he lashes out. jihyun is the only family that cares about him and he didn't want to lose her. he didn't know what he would do without her.

"calm down, seonghwa. there's no need to lash out at your father like that." mrs park states sternly. before seonghwa can even fight back, his father's phone rings out loud, grabbing the attention of everyone in the house, including the house maids who had been standing further away from the quarrelling family member.

seonghwa scoffs when the man answers the call. "okay fine, whatever. i guess business calls are more important than your missing daughter, huh? if you don't care about her then fine! i'll go find her myself!" he walks past his father who seem to be in a serious conversation with the person on the other end. the man grabs his son's arm, gripping it so hard that the young man winced in pain.

"stay still, seonghwa!" he whispers harshly, keeping his grip on seonghwa's arm that seonghwa can't do anything but stay still. the man puts his phone on loudspeaker, putting a finger to his lips to indicate that he wants his son to keep quiet. seonghwa thrashes around, trying to get out of his father's grasp.

"we have your daughter." a female voice speaks from the other end, causing seonghwa to stop moving, looking at his father in shock.

"what is it that you want? money? i'll give you money, just let my daughter go!" mr park sounds frantic and for the first time ever, seonghwa thinks he actually cares.

the voice from the other end chuckles but it sounds nothing like a humorous chuckle. "money sounds really good right now, doesn't it guys?" chatters were heard from the background before they died down when the voice speaks again.

"but i don't want it now. i'll just keep your daughter with me for a bit. she's been a little bit of a brat lately, hasn't she?" the voice speaks but it doesn't seem to be talking to mr park at all. seonghwa hears a faint grunt in the background and he frowns.

"shut up, jihyun! stop thrashing around, there's no way you'll get out of this!" the voice says and seonghwa immediately grabs the phone from his father's hand.

"you let go of my sister right now or you'll regret it," he threatens, voice deep as a dark look etched onto his facial features.

"oh seonghwa, i'll regret? i have your dumb sister here with me, all weak and tied up and i have the power to do anything to her and you can't do anything about it. pretty sure it's you who's gonna regret," the voice speaks again and seonghwa keeps quiet, knowing that what the person had just said was true.

"come find her quick. who knows? maybe she'll already be dead when you do." the voice cackles before hanging up.

-

"why weren't any of you with her?!" seonghwa yells when all the boys have arrived at his place. his parents went out to make a report at the police station so seonghwa decided to call all his friends over because they were the ones who had last seen her. hongjoong came by too when he heard the news.

"i–i did ask if she wanted to come along with us but she said she wanted to just go home alone today.." wooyoung answers the older quietly, feeling obligated to do so as he fees that he is at fault. "where on earth did you guys go that she didn't want to come along?" he snaps back, knowing how tight their friendship is so they usually went everywhere together.

"i uh, i had to go report something to a teacher and the boys wanted to follow but she said she didn't want to so i let her because she had a rough day.." he trails off, hoping seonghwa wouldn't question the last part but of course he would.

"what you do mean rough day?" he narrows his eyes at the younger. and wooyoung has no choice but to tell the older everything, starting from the argument between san and yeosang that caused the girl to run off to the rooftop where the traumatising incident with mina occured.

"han mina? as in the girl who flirts with any male specimen near her and acts like she's the shit all the time?" seonghwa questions, remembering how the girl had always tried to flirt with him whenever they cross paths in the hallways when he still schooled there. wooyoung nods.

"no wonder the voice sounded so familiar.." he mutters, thinking back to his conversation earlier with the person who claimed to have his sister. he remembers how he could imagine his sister somewhere, being tortured by someone who hates her and would do anything to make her suffer.

"you idiots! jihyun was alone today because of you two and now this happened! do you have anything to say about that?!" seonghwa screams, about to swing at the two guilty-looking boys before hongjoong stops him with the help of jongho.

"do you have any idea what my sister is going through at this very moment?! she's suffering because of you two fuckers who think she's some object you can claim!" he hollers at the two boys.

"get out," he says darkly, glaring at the two. "get out before i fucking kill you!" seonghwa screams, trying to get out of jongho's grip but fails.

the two said boys immediately left his house, hearts heavy knowing that they, too, contributed to the reason why jihyun had been kidnapped.

a/n: hey guys so uh i'm going to my mum's birthplace for a holiday for like two weeks and i might have wifi like once in a while so uh if you notice slower updates, you know why
sigh im sorry :(((((((