t w e n t y - t h r e e

a/n: so mama happened. msnakes or wtv but like idec the ony thing i care about it miNGI IS BAAAAAACCCKKKKK and the first thing he does is rip his shirt open during mama gosh this boy is really out to get me. also, congrats to my boys for winning worldwide fans choice!!!!! im so proud of them ❤️❤️❤️❤️
#mingistiddiesworlddomination

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 23:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 23:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"noona! hurry upppp! we're gonna miss the bus!" jongho whines, making a fuss in the parks' living room while the other boys are doing their own things peacefully.

it was the first week of summer break and they had taken jongho's suggestion to have a picnic at a park. it was their official first outing with jihyun and they were all excited.

"jongho what are you talking about? seonghwa and i are driving." hongjoong says. "shh, i'm trying to make noona hurry up." he shushes the older, putting a finger over his lips. "noonaaaa, what's taking so long?"

a while later, jihyun comes out of the kitchen, struggling to carry a large picnic basket. seonghwa immediately goes over to his sister and takes the basket from her. "well if you had stopped whining and helped me instead i would've gotten done with it quicker." the girl says, lightly flicking jongho's forehead. the younger boy pouts, rubbing the side of his forehead, pretending to be in pain.

jihyun playfully rolled her eyes and jongho linked his arms with hers, dragging her out the main door. "let's go guys!!"

"wait wait! what's the car plan? who's going with me and who's going with seonghwa? three will go with me and the other four will go with seonghwa." hongjoong speaks up. "i'm fine with any car as long as i get to be in the same car as noona." jongho says and the boys sighed.

"well jiji's coming with me because i don't trust her with you hooligans. any two wanna join my car?" seonghwa says and immediately yeosang's hand shot up. "okay, one more?"

wooyoung pushes san over to seonghwa, "he'll go with you." san glares at him and wooyoung only replies with a wink. seonghwa gives them a questioning look, before dismissing it.
"alright, let's get going now."

"i call shotgun!" jihyun yells. "no! noona, i want to sit with you!" jongho whines again, "i want to sit with my best friend too!" yeosang drags her to the back seat and she could only let herself be dragged. san was left to sit at the passengers seat and he kept silent, not liking how close yeosang is getting to jihyun.

jongho, yeosang and jihyun sat in the back, jihyun being the one in the middle. they were being loud, laughing as they discussed things san had no interest in. it was getting annoying that the boy just decided to stick his airpods in his ears and listen to his music on full blast throughout the whole ride to the park.

-

"you've got to be kidding me. i hate you, yunho. i forgave you the last time you put a plus four and now you do it again? i will not hesitate to slap a bit–" mingi's words were cut off when hongjoong stuffs his mouth with a bite-sized sandwich that jihyun had made.

"mingi for the last time, it's just uno. chill your titties." san says, laughing at the whole situation. the whole car thing was forgotten when he decided to just enjoy today. mingi continued glaring at yunho, earning laughs from the group.

"hey, where's yeosang?" wooyoung asks, noticing the boy nowhere to be seen. "oh my god i forgot! he told me to tell you this 10 minutes ago," jongho looks at his watch before looking at jihyun. "go meet him where people take walks in the park. he wants to see you."

the group broke into loud cheers and teasing. "my mans 'boutta make his move, i see." mingi cheers. "oh well, i uh i'll just go there. i'll be right back." jihyun stands up and proceeded to make her way to where yeosang wanted to meet. wooyoung could only give san a sad smile when the latter sighed.

jihyun's heart was beating fast as she walked. what if the boys were right? what if he actually is about to make his move? oh god what do i do?

jihyun mentally panics, slowly making her way to her destination, not wanting to reach there as quickly as she could. as she neared the destination, she could see yeosang's back facing her.

he seemed to be deep in thought. she walked over and tapped him on the shoulders. he turned his head and smiled once he saw who it was. "oh, you're here." he turns his body fully to face her.

"did you wait long? i'm sorry. jongho told me a little later." she looks down shyly, heart almost beating out of her chest. the boy dressed up so well for today's picnic that she almost forgot how to breathe. how could someone look so good without even trying?

but boy was she wrong. yeosang took days to plan his outfit for the day. he wanted to look good on a special day like this. he wanted to look good on a day worth remembering.

"it's okay. i didn't wait that long. are you tired? you must be exhausted having to deal with those idiots. i bet they argued over uno again." he chuckles and jihyun nods, widening her eyes in surprise when the boy guessed the exact situation that occurred a while ago.

"let's take a walk. give me your hand." he says, holding out his hands, waiting for her to grab it. he may have sounded confident but he was screaming inside. he didn't know how she would react to this. he was scared she would reject but his worries died down when he felt her soft hands connect his.

the kept walking as the talked about random things, the whole thing not much different from how they usually are, except for the holding hands part. they were used to locking arms that holding hands just seemed so awkward. their connected hands seemed to be getting sweatier as they were both very nervous about the whole situation.

suddenly yeosang stops slightly ahead of the girl and he turns back to make eye contact with the girl. jihyun stares at him, waiting for him to say something.

he lets go of their intertwined hands and stands directly in front of her maintaining the eye contact.

"shall we date?"