f o r t y - o n e

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 41:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 41:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"well, well. what do we have here? power couple still staying strong?" mina mocks as she stops infront of jihyun's locker where she and yeosang were minding their own business, chatting happily before their classes start. jihyun sighs, rolling her eyes. "mina, i'm not in the mood to deal with your shit, can you go find someone else to bother?" yeosang snaps at the short-haired girl.

the girl scoffs in disbelief. "bother? what am i, some sort of pest? yo–" she was cut off by an annoyed looking jihyun. "in case you don't know yet, you are." she states. the short-haired girl narrows her eyes at jihyun. "shut your mouth, bitch."

"listen if you want to ruin our relationship, there's nothing you can do now because we're not together anymore. we decided that unlike you, who has no life apparently, we want to focus on our studies first. and before you get all cocky thinking you've done it, it's not because knock knock it's an important year for us all, including you but you probably don't care. but i can see that studies aren't really your thing, seeing how you've dropped down to a lower class now." yeosang smirks seeing mina's eyes widen, twitching in anger. jihyun snickered at yeosang's remark, shrugging her shoulders in agreement.

"you two have no idea how deep of a grave you're digging for yourselves here. you're going to regret everything and i'm going to make you beg for forgiveness when i get you down on your knees. you especially, park jihyun. you don't get to strut around thinking you're better than us all just because you have money." she attempts to step closer to the long-haired girl only to be blocked by yeosang extending his arm out. mina backs away slightly, clicking her tongue.

"what the fuck do you guys even see in her? she's a slut who's only friends with guys, you guys can do so much better," she crosses her arms, leaning against the lockers.

"fuck off, han mina. i'm pretty sure the only slut here is you. how'd you even get past uniform check with your skirt all the way up there? this is school, for your information, not a strip club. let's go, yeosang. can't believe my morning is now ruined because of her," jihyun shuts her locker, grabbing yeosang by his arm to walk away but mina manages to move to stand infront of the two.

"mark my works, park jihyun. when you're down on your knees, you're going to be sorry you ever treated me like this. i'll make you go through hell right here on earth." she threatens.

"oh no, i'm so scared. now can you get out of the way? i'm trynna get to class here." the long-haired says sarcastically, raising her eyebrows in annoyance.

the shorter haired scoffs, walking past them and purposely bumping jihyun's shoulders. the girl loses her balance slightly and yeosang has to hold onto her to help her stable herself, earning a thank you from the girl.

"i don't get what that girl is so pressed about. like, okay i'm sorry you guys just prefer being friends with me than her? and sorry i'm born into a rich family? it's not like i want that life anyways," she mumbles the last sentence, hoping yeosang doesn't hear it.

"ugh, tell me about it. and why does she keep threatening us like she's capable of such things? please, she's even shorter than you, i doubt she can even manage to bitch slap mingi or yunho," yeosang snorts as the two walks to class slowly, having about fifteen minutes until it starts.

"oh my god, right? what are you even gonna do to me? kill me? cut up my organs and sell them to the black market?" jihyun jokes. "i think she's just trynna get to you. don't let it affect you, okay? we've got a big exam coming up in about 6 months time and then we're finally graduating!" yeosang cheers while he opens their class door.

"hey, guys!" he greets his friends with their handshake before sitting down next to san, jihyun making her way to her seat next to mingi. the boys were all aware of the break up between the two and yeosang has also apologised to san, he didn't want his last year in school with them all be ruined because of his own ego.

"what took you guys so long? you texted ten minutes ago saying you've reached school already." wooyoung states after taking a quick glance at his watch. "sorry, some pesky brat was in our way," yeosang mutters.

"han mina?" san questions, earning a nod from jihyun. "god that girl just doesn't know when to stop, huh? she flirts with like half the male population in school and she hates the fact that you're friends with us? what a joke." mingi says. "i know right, i've told her so many times that i'm not interested yet she keeps going. and then the next second she's all up on wooyoung or even worse, jongho." yunho states, almost gagging at the thought.

"oh wow and i'm the slut? sure," she crosses her legs, leaning back against her chair. luckily they were all seated closely, yeosang and san's tables being the ones at the left side of the class, beside the window, next to wooyoung and yunho. jihyun and mingi on the other hand, were seated right behind those two, closer to the center of the class.

"she will be the death of me. i might lose my mind before we even get to graduate if she keeps on pestering me like that," she chuckles. "just hold on for a few more months, you can do it!" san cheers for her.

"i mean, i know her threats are nothing but i can't help but be a bit scared, you know? she's so persistent about ruining it all for me, what if she's not kidding?" jihyun confesses her worries.

"i'm sure she's just trynna get in your head. if she tries anything, you know we got you. jongho will personally finger flick her forehead if she dares to touch you." wooyoung assures the worried girl. "yeah, ji! your personal bodyguards will be there for you!" mingi cheers, flexing his biceps and yunho does the same, kissing them.

"i'm not sure if it's mina or you guys that will be the death of me for the rest of this year." jihyun pinches the bridge of her nose, laughing while shaking her head at the comical sight of all her friends trying to act all tough to show her that they will protect her.

they didn't even have to do that; she already knew that they're all going to protect her if anything does happen. that's what they promised to seonghwa and hongjoong–who, in time, had grown to treat jihyun like his own sister too– before the two graduated.