t h i r t e e n

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 13: ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 13:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

jihyun casually ate her slice of chocolate cake, which earned odd looks from people since it was still morning time and they wondered how the girl could even have an appetite for cake.

"enjoying that cake, jiji?" she heard seonghwa snicker, laughing at his sister who still has a child's palate. but even he thinks a child doesn't want cake first thing in the morning.

"yeah, do you want some?" she offers her fork to him, which he immediately accepted saying, "don't mind if i do." jinhyun chuckles at this, taking out her phone to proceed with her daily routine, messing with people in the cafe with her dry-sense-of-humour memes.

today, the siblings had decided to go to school together as apparently to seonghwa, he doesn't get to see his "precious lil sis" that much as jihyun always leaves early.

it is only today he had found out that she stops by this cafe every morning, which answers the question he always has at the back of his head but never asks her; "what the hell is this kid leaving so early for?"

"oppa! slow down! you're gonna finish my cake!" jihyun scolds him, pouting when she sees almost half her slice of cake had been devoured by her older brother. her eyes widen when she sees seonghwa take another huge bite, leaving only a bit of the cake left.

"oppa!" she whines once again, now visibly upset. he chuckles, enjoying every bit of teasing her. he then stands up, wipes his mouth before smiling up to her. "i'm joking, i'm joking. i'll get you another slice, sis. i'll be right back." he ruffles her hair then head to the counter to get another slice for jihyun.

amidst the siblings' friendly bickering, a group of boys had entered the cafe, the regulars, like jihyun; yeosang, wooyoung, mingi and san. it seems like it today is yeosang's turn to order for the group. the rest shuffled into the cafe, immediately noticing the girl at the corner, her usual spot.

they ask her if it is okay for them to sit with her and she almost immediately said yes, informing them beforehand that the seat across her has already been taken by her brother.

at the counter, yeosang slaps seonghwa's back when he sees him, an "act of affection" as they would call it. seonghwa hissed in pain, reaching behind to rub the part where he had been hit. "nice to see you here, hyung! since when do you even go here?"

seonghwa took the slice of cake and smirked at yeosang, "oh you'll see soon." to which the latter responded with only a shrug of his shoulders before he proceeded to order the usual drinks for his friends.

since the cafe was still mostly empty, it didn't take long for their drinks to be done. no wonder they didn't have to use a buzzer. as yeosang walked deeper into the cafe with the tray in hand, his eyes scan for his group of friends.

when he spots them, he walks over to them only to stop midway as his whole body fails him. he's frozen in his spot, eyes wide as his heart beats wildly against his chest when he sees her.

yeosang is definitely whipped.