f o r t y - f i v e

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 45:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 45:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"i'm sorry what now?" the tall boy raises an eyebrow at his cousin's request. seonghwa had driven all the way to youngmin's apartment unit after jihyun told him that's where she wanted to go.

jihyun sighs, exasperated. "can i stay here? i don't want to talk to my parents for the time being." youngmin looks at the girl, confused. "why?"

"father told ji that he's marrying her off after she graduates." seonghwa explains. "he what?! he can't just break that news to you right when you're about to take your finals! this is gonna affect you!" youngmin exclaims worriedly.

"i know, that's why i don't want to go back home now. he might just keep bugging me about that and i really don't want much distractions for the next month. please, youngmin oppa?" jihyun gives the tall boy the puppy eyes, something he was weak for.

"okay but if i get scolded by him, you're gonna have to take the blame okay?" he ruffles her hair and jihyun jumps up, pulling him into a hug while profusely thanking him. youngmin chuckles as she lets go and he looks at seonghwa.

"what about you? you staying here too or what?" he asks seonghwa and the boy shakes his head in response. "he's making me quit working with you so i can start training to work for the company."

"god, that old man and his company," youngmin groans. "i know right." seonghwa scoffs, jihyun also nodding her head in agreement. "alright hyung, take care of her for me please? i'll come by soon to bring some of jihyun's stuff over. i'll get going now," seonghwa grabs his car keys from youngmin's dining table and waves at them before leaving.

youngmin then turns to jihyun. "you hungry? i can make something for you if you want," he offers. jihyun shakes her head, giving him a soft smile. "no, i just want to shower and go to bed."

"you left some of your clothes the last time you and hwa stayed over so i put them in the dresser in the guest bedroom," he says as he leads jihyun to the guest bedroom. "hold on, i'll bring you a towel." he goes to his room to grab jihyun a towel.

jihyun plops down on the bed, sighing out loud. she felt light-headed. she was overwhelmed. she had been waiting for graduation for so long. she thought that after graduation, she'd finally be able to officially confess to san. she wanted to get finals done and over with quickly so she could graduate and finally be free. but now it's graduation that she dreads.

"hey kiddo, here's your towel. if you need anything, i'll be in my room, okay?" youngmin says softly, smiling at his cousin. jihyun nods, returning a small smile.