t h i r t y - t w o

a/n: surprisesurprise it feels like a double update tonight so here ya go <3

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 32:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 32:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"hyung, i totally get you. my dad wants the same for me too but i told him to let me enjoy my life now before i prepare myself to take over his business. luckily he's not as stubborn as your parents. he said i should enjoy my teenage years first but once i become an adult, i should be prepared. i heard he even has a marriage arranged for me after i finish high school." san complains, continuing to eat his bag of marshmallows as he listens to the siblings rant about their parents.

the siblings were now at san's house. jihyun was surprised to find out that her best friend was also a rich kid, having parents who owned a company too like hers. his house was huge, not as big as hers but still huge.

"no way, they're marrying you off to some company's daughter? i hope i don't have to. i don't want to marry someone i don't love. heck, i haven't even found someone yet." seonghwa sighs as he falls back on san's bed.

jihyun who was sitting on his study table chair, laughed seeing her brother like that. "hey, if they decide to do that, you have me to back you up, you know? after all, we only have each other right?" she comforts her brother. "hey! we're all here for you too! did you forget about me?" san glared at jihyun, looking like a bunny with the marshmallows stuffed in his mouth.

"okay, okay we have you guys too. but you won't want to start an argument with our parents, do you?" she raises her eyebrows at her best friend. he stays silent, looking down as he chews the marshmallows. "that's what i thought." jihyun chuckles.

she turns to her brother, "we'll stick together through anything, okay?" and her brother smiles at her, nodding as he takes some marshmallows that san offered. he offers some to jihyun but she declines.

"but are you really going to marry some other girl next year?" san's eyes widened before realising that yes, next year will be his graduation year before he has to be married off, as his father says.

his heart sank hearing his best friend slash crush ask him that. he didn't want to. anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to marry someone they didn't love. he didn't want to get married to someone he didn't know when he already has his heart for someone else. and that person is the one sitting right in front of him at the moment.

jihyun too, felt a tug at her heart when she asked him that. she knew it was wrong but she couldn't stop herself. she didn't know how and when the feelings she had for him had resurfaced. she felt an overwhelming guilt for thinking that way when she had a boyfriend.

she couldn't help it when san was the one that comforted her when she was at her lowest. san witnessed her at her lowest, listened to her cries at the end of the line when it was 4am where no one else was awake. not even yeosang or even her own brother knew her deepest concerns.

when things just get a little too much for her and all she wanted was someone to listen to her when she let everything out. he knew her more than anyone else other than her brother, she willingly opened up to him and he had her back throughout everything.

she told him all of her worries and insecurities. how mina cussed her out and threatened her through text, something yeosang didn't even know to that extent. she told him about how she felt like she wasn't enough for yeosang. sometimes she could just be crying when she called san and san would just wait until she calms down enough to tell him what's wrong.

he didn't think that she was wasting his time at all. if anything, he's honoured to be the one to pick her up when she's at her lowest. he knew that behind that cheerful smile she always puts on infront of them all, she of course, had her dark days. and san is always the one comforting her on those days. it made him fall for her more, knowing that she was human, just like everyone else.

and jihyun on the other hand, is conflicted when she realises that her feelings for san had returned. but at the same time, she loves yeosang so much. he had been nothing but the most perfect boyfriend to her.

"ah, shit. i didn't realise i'll be finished with high school next year. but i'm sure he hasn't discussed with the company owner just yet since he planned the wedding to be the ending of next year. i'll try convince him out of it." he falls back on his bed, almost hitting seonghwa who was also lied down on his bed.

he stares at his bedroom ceiling, the pack of marshmallows resting on his stomach. he grabs it and places it on his bedside table before sitting back up cross legged on his bed.

he looks at the siblings and smiles at them. "cheer up, guys. we'll get through this together, yea?" he ruffles jihyun's hair and nudges seonghwa's side.

san continues flashing his dimpled smile at his best friend, as if telling her that everything will be okay. she returns the smile, mind filled with thoughts of how she's going to have to deal with her feelings for her best friend while she still loves her boyfriend very much.