f i f t e e n

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 15:▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 15:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

jihyun struggled to keep her eyes open. it was now physics, the last class of the day. half the class were already dozing off while the other half were buzy doodling on their notebooks or secretly on their phones.

the only ones paying attention were probably yeosang and jihyun. jihyun, because she was on the borderline of passing the only class she doesn't excel in and yeosang because well, he's yeosang. no matter how dumb he appears to be, he's always the top of the class when it comes to academics.

jihyun tried so hard to keep her focus on the lesson but when the teacher is 60 years old and gets off topic every ten minutes, the girl can't help but yawn, hoping that the class ends faster.

she then takes out her geography notebook from under her desk, planning to make some geography notes. if i can't do physics now, at least do something that's productive.

her eyebrows furrowed in confusion when she saw a small, folded piece of paper on the page she left off. what is this? she wondered and she took the piece of paper.

she slowly opened it up and was greeted by handwriting that was too messy to be a girl's but not too bad for a guy's.

will you go to the dance with me?

— yeosang :>

she was delighted but at the same time surprised. she thought she would have to go to the dance alone. since when was yeosang ever interested in me? oh, little did she know.

and finally, the moment everyone waited for, the school bell rang indicating the end of school. everyone in the class quickly packed their bags, not caring how rude they are as the teacher was still speaking.

meanwhile, 60-year-old mr shin kept going on about how back then, he used to get tans every once in a while so he didn't look too pale when he travelled to tropical countries. "how did the electromagnetic spectrum even get to this?" she mumbled to herself, packing up her things when she sees the teacher doing so.

"sunbeds for tanning work by exposing the skin to ultraviolet radiation. he was explaining the uses of ultraviolet radiation." she looks up to see yeosang smiling at her after he explained why mr shin got kind of off topic like he usually does.

"ah, i see. gosh, i need to buck up my physics. i'm not sure if it's because mr shin is teaching it or i'm just bad at physics that i'm not doing too well. but to be fair, mr shin does get too out of topic sometimes. i just don't get how i can never get a good grade for physics." she rants while she clears her table.

"well, if you want i could help you out sometime. i'm not too bad at physics i guess." he offers. "are you kidding me? you manage to score the highest in class every test, i would love to be tutored by you. teach me your ways, please." she begged, earning a chuckle and a nod from the boy.

he then notices her holding on to the note he left on her notebook during lunch. he nervously smiled and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "ahh, you found my note. i-i'm sorry i didn't think i would be able to ask you that in person."

"it's fine. i read it and sure, i would love to go to the dance with you." she smiled up to him. she didn't mind going with yeosang. sure she'd probably want to go with san but with this being her first ever school dance, she was only thinking of making the most out of it.