Ch 3

Please share your comments with me in the comment section. And share this book with your friends. Thank you! 🤗🤗

Word count: 3229

*

The room was silent for a good couple of seconds, each man in deep thought as they absorbed the knowledgeable tactics that had spewed from Monica's delicate lips while she made her presentation. They were all in typical black or grey shiny suits and each had a serious facial expression, each board member having a thought of his own.

Monica tried her best to avoid eye contact with her ex-husband who, throughout the presentation, looked like he would rather be anywhere but his eyes told a different story because they never left her for once.

"So, is that all you have gathered for us so far, miss O'Brien?" Greg asked. He was Monica's immediate superior and she only man who looked less serious or as she would rather put it, hard faced, compared to every other man in the room.

Monica noticed him ogling her while she made her presentation but she knew he couldn't approach her or make her feel uncomfortable by pushing whatever feelings he had been developing towards her, so she chose not to dwell much on his creepy ways of staring at her.

However, it bothered Monica that her ex-husband's heated stare didn't creep her out.

She blamed it on the heat of having to be the only woman sitting in a room full of rich, influential men. The testosterone level was too high.

"Yes sir. That is all and thank you. Please throw your opinions if you have any so we can make the final draft." She replied him and took her seat while applauses went around the room.

"We thank everyone who participated in this honorable meeting and hope all the misunderstandings have been cleared with regards to who'll head the branch in London. The engineering department has sent the new sets of machine sketches and the finance department has also delivered their reports." Greg further stated. Some of the men mumbled to each other while Monica made the needed jottings down.

"Is there agenda we haven't pushed forward?" He asked her, caressing his lower lip with his thumb. Sucre noticed the way Greg Matthews was shamelessly ogling Monica. His left eye twitched.

"We're all good Sir." Monica replied Greg after a going through everything on the list.

"Now, does anyone have anything to add before we do the final conclusions?"

Sucre adjusted in his chair and raised a hand. If not for the particular woman in the room who had taught him that little bit of information a few years back, he would have spoken without signifying. He didn't care about being formal.

"I would like to adjust two errors I noted in Mrs-"

"Monica O'Brien. Miss Monica." Greg finished for him, a proud smile on his face as his eyes roamed slowly over Monica's form, the same oblivious Monica who was trying to look unconcerned before her ex-husband.

"Yes, Mrs. Monica's evaluation." Sucre repeated after him, a tight and burning glower fixed on Greg's face.

Sucre's jaws flexed with each word and Monica found it hard to take her eyes off those sculpted jaws. Those jaws she had pressed her two palms over when they ate her out and sucked on her intimately years ago.

The image played in her head and she squirmed to keep herself from getting affected in the nether region but it was of no use. When she started, it was hard for her thoughts to stop running where he was concerned. She had just regained her composure from the encounter at the elevator, so she shook her head to ward off further thoughts about him.