Ch 27

Word count: 2412

My shout-out goes to India, Afghanistan, USA and Canada. ❤️

Kindly vote to show your love for #Sunica or #Stephxon/ Dixnie

*

Several kids were running around while their hired tenders tried to keep them from wandering off to restricted parts of the hall. A lively and energetic music was being played in the background, which kept everyone in a good mood.

Monica had just finished dressing Stephanie in a black ball gown. She applied faint blush with black eye shadow on Stephanie's face, finishing it with baby pink shade of lip gloss.

"Can I see now?" Stephanie asked impatiently. Her mother chuckled.

"Yes baby. Open your eyes."

"Wow. I look like a princess but I know there's no prince charming with blonde hair out in the hall." Stephanie sassed, admiring her mother's handiwork on her face. Dixon had taken time to tell her that those cartoons were childish and stupid. He always repeated it that there was no prince charming anywhere.

Monica winked as an idea suddenly popped up. "What's the color of Dixon's hair?"

"Blonde?" Stephanie replied with wide eyes. Her interest was piqued the moment she heard her mom mention Dixon. What about him?

"He could be your own prince charming."

"Really? Yay! I get to have my own prince charming too. Mommy I like Dixon. He's so..." She covered her face with her small hands when she realized her mother was staring at her with a wide smile.

"So what, baby?"

"He's...hamdsome."

Monica giggled so loud that she knew the bodyguards must've heard her. "It's called handsome, baby, not hamdsome. Now say handsome."

"Handsome." Her daughter replied shyly. Her face was beetroot. Maybe there would be no need for that blush after all. Monica wondered where Stephanie heard that word before.

"Who taught you to say handsome?"

"Daddy. He asked me if he was hamd-handsome and I said he was. He always looks good." Stephanie giggled. Monica couldn't keep the grin off her face as she wondered what else Sucre discussed with their daughter whenever they were alone.

The makeup artist arrived just then and applied make up on Monica while one of Sucre's bodyguards came in to pick Stephanie who was demanding to see her daddy.

Thirty minutes later, they were done and Monica left the hotel room and went to the venue at the back of the hotel where the celebration would be taking place.

Just as she alighted the stairs, she caught Sucre briefly hugging someone and approached them, saying 'hi's' and 'hellos' to some of the guests on her way to the spot where her husband was standing.

She stopped in her tracks when she recognized the woman in the white backless dinner dress. That was the Nancy Daemon that had been exchanging mails with her husband.

Monica slipped on a forced smile and watched Sucre approach her with Nancy.

"There you are baby, I've been searching for you all over the place." Monica lied and smacked her lips on Sucre's, making sure she licked his lips properly before pulling away.

"Baby, I would like you to meet Nancy Daemon. I didn't get to introduce you to her the other day at the office because I was in a hurry. Nancy, meet Monica, my better half and Stephanie's mom." Sucre explained.