Ch 24

Please leave a vote and a comment. My shout-out goes to Tanzania, Albania and Puerto Rico. Drop the name of your country for a shout-out. ♥️

Word count: 3065

*

A week had passed since the Ambrosia's little family got back from Italy and Stephanie had resumed school. Dixon now occasionally spoke to Stephanie, especially during break and after school and an overly excited Stephanie wouldn't keep still about it. She'd told absolutely everyone she came across about the boy that she liked so much that was now also her friend in school too.

On Friday, Monica drove behind Sucre and they went to pick Stephanie together.

They hadn't made it public that they were a couple and while Sucre couldn't care in the least about what people thought, Monica didn't want to look like an office slut who merely fabricated a story and claimed the new company's boss was now her husband.

They would do it officially, on the day Monica received her promotion letter, so everyone would be present and it wouldn't be passed around as mere rumor. The company party was actually still few months away but Sucre had told her in advance. She was yet to know where she would be working when she got promoted since Sucre already said she would be changing offices and Monica was considering starting up a small firm on the side but that wasn't a day's job.

So for now, she still hadn't told anyone about her childhood dream to be her own boss.

On Veronica's plea, Monica had agreed to pick Dixon along with Stephanie and take him to their own place because Veronica and her soon to be ex-husband were still in the process of finalizing their divorce papers and had to appear in court. His mother didn't want him in their separation mess.

"Dixon?" Stephanie called the boy with her eyes staring at him in incredulity as they drove home with Monica at the backseat and Sucre's driver at the driver's seat.

"Yeah Steph?" Dixon replied. The girl gasped, and then a grin broke on her face.

"Steph! Mommy he called me Steph." Stephanie announced with a wide smile and twinkling eyes. Her mother merely laughed lightly at the girl's childishness.

Stephanie then looked back to Dixon who had once again turned his face outside the window. She squinted, looking out as well.

There was nothing but trees out there. The girl's gaze hardened as she glared at the stupid trees distracting her Dixon's attention from her. Sulking, she leaned back into her seat with a resigned sigh but Stephanie just couldn't keep still.

Shyly, she picked Dixon's right hand in hers, her cheeks coloring crimson at her own act and she quickly looked away when she saw him directing his gaze her way.

Dixon's gaze softened.

He chuckled and pecked the back of her hand, smiling at the cute sight of her blushing face. Monica was staring at the two children. She didn't know if she should scream at how cute they were or be scared that her daughter, who wasn't even four yet, already had a crush so deep for this boy.

Whenever she wasn't singing her father's praises around the house, she would be ranting this or that about how Dixon never smiled or how Dixon's backpack was black compared to her own which was Pj mask themed or some other thing. Those were her two favorite people in her world at the moment. Even her uncle Drew had been kicked to a corner in her mind. She rarely spoke of him these days.

That brought Monica's mind to another thought. Shoot! Andrew!

She'd totally forgotten about his existence and hadn't spoken to him since they got back from Italy. She dialed his line quickly but it was switched off. She heaved a sigh, deciding to try it sometime again before the end of the week. He'd spent quite a few months in Hawaii where he was attending some exhibition and also doing some projects.