Ch 28

Word count: 2156

Make me smile by voting and tell me what you think about this chapter :-)

My shout-out goes to Singapore, Denver and Denmark ❤️

*

Stephanie couldn't keep her excitement in as she heard the announcement her mom just made. She saw her mom rubbing her stomach as she announced that the Ambrosia's were expecting a baby.

"Your mom is going to have another baby, Steph!" Dixon told her with a surprised expression, tightening his hold on Stephanie's hand.

"Yes! There's a baby in my mommy's stomach." She smiled, her eyes glistening. She was happy her mom listened to her. She always told her mom she wanted a baby so she would play with it and she wouldn't be alone while watching TV or playing games. Now her mom had listened to her and put a baby in her stomach.

She gave Dixon a big hug, grinning like a Cheshire cat before slowly but excitedly walking towards her dad, who now had his right arm around his wife's waist as he guided her down the podium.

"I climbed up here on my own you know? I can walk." Monica told her excited husband with a sly smile.

"Shh. The baby needs to be protected even though it's just probably a few weeks old." Sucre told her seriously and helped her down, sending a feeling of jealousy into the hearts of several women and business investors who were present at the event.

"Whatever you say, daddy. Now you know why I was calling you daddy earlier on." She blushed shyly, her mind wandering to other places while Sucre smirked at her.

"Now I know." His eyes twinkled then he caught sight of Stephanie running over. "Slow down baby."

Stephanie hugged Monica's leg. "A baby is in there right?" she asked and palmed Monica's stomach with an incredulous expression.

"Yes a baby is in there." Sucre replied and carried her in his arms, pecking her cheek.

Monica giggled and thanked people as they took turns walking to her and congratulating her on the pregnancy. Andrew also came along with his phone raised. Apparently he had called Veronica and was filling her in on everything that was happening when Monica made the announcement.

Monica received the phone and went to her seat with Stephanie and they chatted for a while.

Meanwhile, Sucre was with Nancy Daemon in a secluded part of the building after she'd told him she wanted to discuss something important with him. Her face was ashen and he knew she was deeply upset about something.

"I think it's time I say it in words Sucre." Nancy stated with a gentle tone, looking delicate like a flower as her rosy lips moved with each word she uttered.

"What do you mean?" Sucre asked. Was she planning on doing something important or taking a big step in life that she knew he would have to know about?

"Come on Sucre. I came here all the way from New York and I even enrolled my daughter in Stephanie's school just because I wanted you to realize everything. Still you're as oblivious as they come." She shrugged her shoulders. Her jewelries glittered under the brightness of the lights and accentuated her heart shaped face.

"Well, I still do not understand what you're getting at." He shrugged with confusion morphed on his face.

"Remember when your wife left you?" Nancy asked gently. She had a delicate expression and was never pushy or harsh. That was why Sucre made friends with her when they first met.

Sucre frowned. What did that have to do with anything? "Yes?"

"You were cold and treated everyone indifferently. At that time too, I was going through depression because of Xavier's cheating and backstabbing."