Ch 20

Word count: 3030

*

Sucre didn't know what to say or where to even start from. Had she mistook someone else for him that night? He'd never even been left alone with Diana for even a second that night...if he remembered correctly. There was absolutely nothing to misunderstand.

"You know what, all this talk is giving me headache. I think I'll just go back into the room to relax or-"

Sucre's eyes hardened. She was always doing this, running whenever they had issues to resolve. If she hadn't ran from him years ago, they wouldn't be here, with a complicated relationship between them.

"No. We'll talk about this right now. What did you think happened that night?"

Monica clamped her mouth shut.

"Tell me Moni, you thought that I went and fùcked Diana and then knocked her up?" Sucre cussed. The image of it made Monica's nose flare up as she glared at him. Hearing him say it only made her heart squeeze further in her chest. She shut her eyes and shook her head, getting angrier.

"Well yes, what did you expect me to think? You were a play boy and I had to face constant threats from so many models exes daily even till a day before our wedding. Do you think I needed the stress of wondering if you'd knocked up a woman somewhere?" She fired.

Sucre sighed. "Was that the impression you had of me?" His hands fell to his sides in dismay as he got off her.

"Yes!" Monica snapped again while sitting up.

"Keep it down, our daughter is sleeping. Come with me!" He grabbed her hand and pulled her into her room and this time, Monica didn't struggle. He shut the door and then locked it while she paced around.

"Look Sucre-"

"No you look. All my life I know I've been a mess but I always tried to work on myself. I worked on my family issues, on my work, my studies and my relationship! You know what you did? Nothing! I had to clean up after every one of your mess!"

Monica was beginning to get upset as angry tears filled her eyes. She didn't even know why she was crying. "I never asked you to do anything for me. I was framed by one of your stupid bimbos in university that one time. How was that my fault? If you cleared my name, you owed it to me!"

"I don't owe you shit! You know what? I shouldn't be doing all these in the first place!" He turned around and Monica panicked. She was wrong, she'd been wrong all these years and fighting wouldn't solve anything.

"Fine. I was wrong." She grounded out with clenched teeth. Sucre stopped in his tracks.

He turned around and noticed she was looking wary. Did this woman even have a single faith in him? "I wasn't going to leave you Monica, even though you clearly expect me to. Unlike you, I don't leave the people I love."

Monica felt like she'd be slapped so hard in the face. Her face stung as it colored crimson. She almost sputtered cuss words at him but held back just in time. She flayed her arms in the air. "Then wha-"

"I was pacing around, woman. Pacing." He told her agitatedly.

"Don't talk to me that way!" Monica snapped. Sucre rolled his eyes at her. But a smile tugged at the side of his lips.

"You really hurt me Monica and I probably shouldn't be telling you this but I'm disappointed in you. You should've just asked me a single question instead of jumping into conclusions. I didn't sleep with anyone ever since we started dating."

Monica's lower lip trembled as shame flushed through her. She should've asked questions instead of jumping into meaningless conclusions.

"It was my fault. I can't even begin to...I'm so sorry. I should've asked. I should've trusted you more." She cried and Sucre walked to her slowly, wiping her cheeks with the back of his hand. His heart clenched at the sight of her tears.