Ch 8

Please leave a vote and a comment to support me and share the book with your friends. Also, you can follow me to get updates on my other books. Thank you 😍🥺

Word count: 1511

*

Monica was fuming when she got out of Sucre's office. Her hands shook as she tried to control her uneven breaths and closed her office door. What just happened?

Dropping on her seat, she picked a pen and twirled it in her hand carelessly. When had it all suddenly gotten to this stage? She opened the highest button on her shirt and leaned back into her seat, heaving a sigh. "I shouldn't let this get to me. I shouldn't."

With that, she pushed all thoughts of Sucre aside and began her work. Her intercom rang five minutes later. Monica picked it and opened her mouth to speak when she heard, "My coffee."

Those two words that had her insides turning to mush and Monica stifled a groan. How would she ignore her feelings for him and the reactions her body usually got, when he was now making it a habit to call her every five minutes?!

She stayed mute on the line as if she hadn't heard him speak. Then the call dropped.

"I thought as much." She sassed and went back to checking the CEO's mails.

She noticed a particular Nancy Daemon in Sucre's inbox. It wasn't her business, and she didn't care but Monica still clicked on one of the numerous mails from this person. There had been constant sent and replied mails from that particular address.

'I am still thinking about everything we discussed. I can't keep so much on my mind, not with how busy I've been these past few days... but our daughter is doing okay. Please come and see us soon.'

Monica's heart froze over.

She thought she was over Sucre.

Of course she was over him. Then why did the content in this mail cause her stomach to clench with so much anger, frustration and jealousy? Her door barged open and Monica immediately knew who it was.

She canceled the page quickly and clicked on a random file.

"I think I asked you to make my coffee, Mrs. Ambrosia."

Monica smiled sweetly. She wouldn't let him win this game. "I've been busy sir. Also, there are errand boys at the lobby waiting for a single call, though I've sent a mail to the welfare department for them to arrange a special coffeemaker for you. That's their duty. Please allow me do mine."

"Your duty is what I say it is." Sucre replied cockily and Monica got up. She started arranging files on the table, to distract herself from the intense gaze of the man resting casually on her white table.

"Being your personal assistant is getting quite frustrating and it hasn't even been up to an hour I was assigned the position, sir."

"Get me my coffee." Sucre demanded again, not paying attention to her words. He was busy ogling her body.

Indeed, Monica had transformed into an even more sophisticated woman than she used to be when they were friends and before they had started dating. Then they'd gotten married and everything had gone down the drain. Sucre's lips curled in disdain at the thought.

Monica's heart clenched. Ever since Sucre came back into her life, her life had become a chaos. She was constantly worried because he was now powerful and more demanding than the last time she interacted with him. And Sucre was definitely a man that now commanded respect after uttering just a word.

He could be there to take her child away from her. He could be there to break her heart than it already was. He could have just come to ruin her life...maybe because she left him with his daughter in her womb. The options were endless.