Epilogue

Word count: 2014

My shout-out goes to Ireland, Ghana, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Italy

Last chapter! Kindly share your comments on it. What characters will you miss the most? I'll say Dixon and Stephanie. Also, Nana! She's so cunning ;-)

A bonus chapter might be published sometime in the future but for now, my focus will shift to Gonzalo, Whipped Billionaire and PBTB ♥️

*

~Four months later~

"Gentlemen and ladies, we thank you all for gracing us all on this day with your presence and encouragements. Thank you all for your supports. Three years ago, this company was bought by the Ambrosia's & Co, in Italy. However, no change of name or introduction of a new policy was carried out and passed around to our partners because the new owner, Mr Sucre Ambrosia had decided that he had to oversee the productivity from a continent away. Then last year, the company was bought for his wife, who has been a personal assistant to one of the departmental heads. We are pleased to inform you all that the Thomas industries has been redefined and we are now going to be changing names to the Petsmoni & Co." A round of applause went around the hall as coworkers hooted and cheered Monica O'Brien.

Monica covered her mouth as the gasp of surprise escaped her lips. She turned left and stared at her husband with wide eyes, barely able to utter the question, "Baby, is it true? Did you buy our company for me?"

Sucre nodded, already knowing what was going on in her head. He smiled. "It's true baby. It was yours all along. That was why I promoted you and made you work hand in hand with me in thorough supervision and delegation of duties to each department."

Monica felt her head spinning and briefly hugged Sucre, pecking his lips and excusing herself to use the restroom. She'd been drinking orange juice all noon while listing out gifts to be distributed to all the branch supervisors, managers and vice presidents. Sucre watched her leave with pride in his eyes and he eyed her backside, suddenly thinking that it seemed she was getting a bit weightier than before. And there was now a slight bump on her stomach now as well.

He couldn't wait to see her all swollen up and round with the sign of his baby in her protruding in her belly. His groin twitched as he prayed he would also get a few hundred chances to have her ride him to ecstasy.

They were at the company's end of the year dinner celebration and Stephanie had taken a trip with Nana to Italy. She would only be back in a week. Of course she begged to have Dixon, her boyfriend tag along. Nana was all too pleased to have the jolly kids go with her, thanking goodness all over again that she got to see her grandson reconcile with his wife while she was still alive. She also got to meet her great granddaughter.

Even though her only son had been taken from her, fate still comforted her in ways she never thought possible. In the plane, while watching the kids whisper and giggle to each other, Nana heaved a deep breath and willed the few tears that escaped her eyes to drop before quickly wiping them when Stephanie ran towards her to ask her if monkeys could talk because Dixon just told her they couldn't.

Back at the company, Monica finished her business in the restroom and was about to leave and wash her hands when she heard a voice mentioning her husband's name. Curious, she released her hand from the little knob and paused.

"I thought of the same thing. And he's so all over her. It's like he can't get his eyes off her for even a second."

"It's always good to be humble, Tiffany. Who would've thought this same lady was married to such a rich man and still worked as a personal assistant for another man? Other women would've quit to focus on shopping all day, buying designer clothes, bags and wristwatches. They wouldn't even want to work a single day in their life!"